PDA

View Full Version : does this skirt make me look fat?

Alobar
08-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (6.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jd Qs (two pair, eights and fives).
Hero shows Td Tc (two pair, tens and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.50 BB. </font>

I really don't like how I played this hand. The turn scared me, I didn't think I had the dicipline to lay down to to a checkraise here, so I just avoided having to face that :/

I really should have bet the river here I think, because with that board I think almost everyhand will call me.

EverettKings
08-04-2004, 12:21 PM
I'd bet the turn, and call down a raise. I really don't see him check-raising there except with a bigger PP, which I would have a hard time giving him credit for when he calls the 3-bet in the BB preflop (I would expect a big PP to cap there, or to try for a check-raise on the flop).

If he played an 8 or 5 for two more bets preflop (with another bet possibly to come), then good for him. Otherwise, he has overcards and you need to charge him to try to draw out on you on the river. When an overcard like that Ace falls on the river, it's close between betting and checking, but I lean towards checking. If he hit it, he would often try for a check raise since you've been betting the whole way. If he missed, you're only getting paid off if he calls in hopes of a split (but I just don't see that happening often).

Just my 2 cents

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 01:15 PM
No but if you hike it up a little and put on some heels you can make back on the street corner what you should have made in this hand. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bet the turn , if you wanna check behind on the river more power to yah, but I'm betting that as well.

purnell
08-04-2004, 01:35 PM
I'm just learning shorthanded play, in the 1/2 baby pool, but I'm throwing in my two cents in the hopes of being corrected if I'm wrong.

I think you need to bet the turn here, and call down if raised. If you are not raised at the turn, it's a close call between betting or checking behind on the river, mostly depending on your read on your opponent.

Alobar
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No but if you hike it up a little and put on some heels you can make back on the street corner what you should have made in this hand. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!!! good stuff man

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn , if you wanna check behind on the river more power to yah, but I'm betting that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would you have done to a turn CR? Looking back I definately should have bet the turn AND the river. Especially the river after checking the turn, as I think I would have gotten a call hoping for a split by a ton of hands I could beat.

fyodor
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
I bet the turn 100% of the time. More if it were possible. No way he has an 8 or 5 given his PF 3 bet unless he has 88 or is a maniac.

Best answer I have heard to the skirt thing is: "I don't think it's the skirt honey." A word of caution: NEVER use that line if you want to get laid again in this lifetime.

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol!!!! good stuff man

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you , Thank you. Just remeber that the 9:30 show is completely different from the 7:30 show. You know I was just kidding anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
what would you have done to a turn CR?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably urinate right in my shorts on the spot. Nah I'd call the raise and the call the river bet. I cant lay down tens shorthanded there.

top2pear
08-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I thought he called 2 bets cold as the BB--the sb 3-bet PF after Our Hero raised. Does this affect the way you play flop, turn, &amp; river? Doesn't it change what you put him on? Seems more like a pair of Jacks or a big Ace might simply call the 2 raises--one of which beats your tens.

magithighs
08-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Based on your opponent's play/hand I don't think you're getting more than one bet out of him at the turn/river. And, you'd be very lucky to get one BB. So, I say bet the turn, and check the river. So, many players call cold with Ax suited out of the big blind. I think the c/r way outnumber the calls with a worse hand, on the river.