PDA

View Full Version : Hendon Mob v. Boyd Crew

WiredPear
08-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Who ya got?

RowdyZ
08-04-2004, 10:26 AM
The Mob.
Poker, drinking, street fight, just about whatever you want (will probably not most sporting events) but I gotta go with the Mob.

Bump-en-Stein
08-04-2004, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Mob.
Poker, drinking, street fight, just about whatever you want (will probably not most sporting events) but I gotta go with the Mob.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its an all-night bung fest, I'll take the Crew. In a photo finish.

RowdyZ
08-04-2004, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Mob.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its an all-night bung fest, I'll take the Crew. In a photo finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm No sorry I would rather not see photo's of that thanks anyway..

The4thFilm
08-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Dumb & Dumber

Songwind
08-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Hendon mob. Fischman seems to getting pretty full of himself on the rail at the others' matchups on TV, which may very well contribute to the flaming death of the "Crew" before much longer.

RowdyZ
08-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah., I don't see Scotty boy taking a backseat to Dutch for much longer since "he" is the one with 2 bracelets. I see a power struggle coming.

MrGo
08-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Listen to yourselves! You're talking about a group of poker players who created a nickname for themselves.

I got sick to my stomach when I saw the "Mob" and the "Crew" again last night. Poker on tv is going to turn into a soap opera. Next we'll see the "Crew" challenge the "Mob" in a poker duel. Give me a break.

RowdyZ
08-04-2004, 12:07 PM
actually I think the "Mob" was given thier nickname by others, the Crew created theirs to market themselves and ride the poker surge. The Mob has been around way before giving themselves a nickname would serve any useful purpose.

JARID
08-04-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Listen to yourselves! You're talking about a group of poker players who created a nickname for themselves.

I got sick to my stomach when I saw the "Mob" and the "Crew" again last night. Poker on tv is going to turn into a soap opera. Next we'll see the "Crew" challenge the "Mob" in a poker duel. Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I think the WSOP has jumped the shark. Did anyone see the segment with those dudes walking down the alley in a cheesy, faux tribute to Reservoir Dogs? Ooohh, scary. What a minute, most of the Reservoir Dogs get shot, right? Hmmm..maybe there is something to that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

toots
08-04-2004, 12:39 PM
What next? The Crew "serves" the Mob? "It's on!"

ohgeetee
08-04-2004, 01:14 PM
I'll take the tiltboys on any gambling related endeavor over both of these pseudogroups.

BarronVangorToth
08-04-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What next? The Crew "serves" the Mob? "It's on!"

[/ QUOTE ]

What people should realize is that a MAJORITY of viewers of these types of shows want to see storylines. My die-hard hardcore poker playing buddies -- no. However, of the people I know, to use an isolated demographic, many watch these poker shows. MOST don't play poker much ... if at all. Of those, they LIKE the storylines and "angles" -- it's like wrestling / soap operas / any other drama.

It's a story. It's entertaining.

People, shockingly enough to people who seem to post on these forums, LIKE "The Crew" as they're a bunch of young guys who are confident and on TV.

It's good TV as it attracts viewers which makes richer poker games which puts money into everyone's pockets... Think about that.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

wayabvpar
08-04-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually I think the "Mob" was given thier nickname by others, the Crew created theirs to market themselves and ride the poker surge. The Mob has been around way before giving themselves a nickname would serve any useful purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important distinction. My wife watched last night with me, and she was openly mocking the Crew at every opportunity. She especially wanted me to mention to everyone here that her and her friends named themselves 'The Crew'. In Junior High. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

coolhandtom
08-04-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important distinction. My wife watched last night with me, and she was openly mocking the Crew at every opportunity. She especially wanted me to mention to everyone here that her and her friends named themselves 'The Crew'. In Junior High. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same story here.. friends laughed at 'the crew' especially when fischman was watching boyd throw his money at TJ, and then yelled out "we are taking over the world" or some ludicrous crap.. and then they went back to Boyd chasing cards in Razz when he obviously was doing something else in his head besides count his cards, which were horrible.

Now i know where "gank" got his nickname from - his GANK A$$ teeth....

toots
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Fortunately for the "Crew," one of the chief benefits of being young is that you're completely oblivious to what a total dork you're making yourself look like.

benfranklin
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What people should realize is that a MAJORITY of viewers of these types of shows want to see storylines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like pro wrestling /images/graemlins/shocked.gif So Dutch's do rag will be a mask next time, and a cape and a more manly nickname (Deadly Dutch??)/images/graemlins/confused.gif The other guys will run around distracting the tournament officials while Dutch steals chips from TJ and swaps cards with the other players. Maybe they could even hire a sexy actress in a revealing costume to pretend to be the Crew's groupie /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gamblor
08-04-2004, 02:54 PM
I'd pay to watch Doyle smash a folding chair over Dutch Boyd's face. But only if he follows it up by throwing Boyd off the top of a steel cage, down through the Spanish announcers' table.

kerssens
08-04-2004, 04:16 PM
LOL!!