PDA

View Full Version : Reraising

hummusx
08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Let's assume you are sitting in late MP, it's folded to the player just before you who we'll consider an 'average' player and he makes it 3xBB to go. Let's not figure in chip stacks, so assume everyone has at least 20xBB left.

What hands do you reraise with, and how much?

If you switch positions, and have raised and are reraised (assuming all others fold), what hands do you fold/call/reraise with?

BTW, please mention the limit you are referencing with your answer as I realize this type of strategy can vary significantly between $5+1 and $150+xx.

NotMitch
08-04-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's assume you are sitting in late MP, it's folded to the player just before you who we'll consider an 'average' player and he makes it 3xBB to go. Let's not figure in chip stacks, so assume everyone has at least 20xBB left.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that stack size is like the most important thing here right? With 20X I wouldnt reriase without something I felt good about playing with for all my chips. Sometimes I'd push, but mostly I think a raise to 8BB or so if standard for me, looking to get it on on the flop most of the time.

hummusx
08-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok, so unless you are short stacked, you are going to fold anything to a reraise other than AA, KK, QQ, AK? Or what other hands are you going to play for your entire stack pre-flop? (I realize this is all without a read and that if you knew the player maybe it would be completely different).

NotMitch
08-04-2004, 11:12 AM
At a full table yes, there are other hands I might call an open raise (and as the stacks gets deeper that range gets bigger). But if a seemingly reasonable player reraises me a decent amount at a full table I'm folding almost everything. In general I'm going to be calling off a lot of my stack with AQ or JJ very often if ever. Once the table or my stack starts to get short it is a different thing.