PDA

View Full Version : Causing trouble with a really trouble hand

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 07:49 AM
Prima 100 max .50/1.00 blind NLHE.
I have my usual solid "Don't f with me image" at the table. Stack is 130. The following hand comes up against a deeper stack villian. Playing lots of hands and playing them below average but the deck is running him over.

Bunky has K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO.
Folded to Bunky who makes his standard $4.00 open raise, button folds, SB calls, BB reraises to 6. Havent seen him do this yet. I call with position for the 2 extra bucks as does the SB.

Flop ($18.00)
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Sb checks, BB bets 18. (Gee smells like overpair to me, lets represent the slowplayed trips or maybe he'll put me on the flush draw and fire again) Bunky smooth calls and the warning klaxons start blaring, SB folds.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($54.00)
BB is not a complete fool and does check. How much will he call with AA or KK which is what I think he has here. I think $20.00 is about right. Bunky bets $20.00, BB calls. (Ah HAH!)

River 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($94.00)
How much this time. I decide he likes his hand and may call a moderate bet with the big pair. He did call the turn right?

Bunky bets $40.00 into the $94.00 pot.
Villian thinks for a good 5 seconds and finally calls.

Anyone else play differently?
Bet the river more? The Turn?

dmk
08-04-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else play differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, you play goot.

PokerFink
08-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I like the turn bet, I probably would have made it fifty on the river. He was pretty pot committed at that point and obviously did not want to laydown his QQ, so you might have been able to score some more, but very nicely done all in all.

Oh by the way, it almost pains me to read this. I have a personal hatred for KJ because I'm usually the villian up against KJ! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 12:42 PM
About making it 50 on the river, I dont know I think he was hard pressed to call the 40. He thought a while before he called. i think 50 might have been a muck. I gave him better than 3:1 on his call. I guess he figured his AA might be good 25% of the time. Not with me in that pot with position I have to have a jack there (Or 77)

PokerFink
08-04-2004, 12:56 PM
He had AA? Meh, I figured him for QQ, but same difference.

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 01:02 PM
His cheesy little reraise PF cost him the pot. No way I'm folding for 2 more dollars with position.

I actually figured him for KK he tabled AA

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nope, you play goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww Shucks.

Goes to show my old motto. If you're gonna suckout, might as well get paid.