PDA

View Full Version : NYC and WDC terror delay stories

ChristinaB
08-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Any of you in the New York City or Washington DC area who have suffered delays in your lives because of the new terror detection efforts and rules?

Do you think these actions are reasonable or excessive?

The Armchair
08-04-2004, 07:37 AM
The only thing I've noticed is that the bus is a bit more crowded. I'm sure people are avoiding the 4/5/6 because of the threat to the CitiCorp building.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-04-2004, 08:30 AM
The biggest problem I have with it is that Al Qaeda could be sending disinformation through its network to test where their communications network might be compromised. When we publicize this sort of thing, we may be inadvertantly helping them identify and plug the leaks.

cardcounter0
08-04-2004, 10:02 AM
As it turns out, and has been revealed:

Most of the information being relied upon is 3 years old.
The most recent piece of information is from January.

Again, makes you wonder why all the hoopla for the first part of August. Hint: it doesn't have anything to do with terrorism, the terrorists, or new information.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey, they did the same thing here in Boston for the DNC. All it did was make the city a ghost town for a week. Smaller crowds, easier to spot suspicious people.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, makes you wonder why all the hoopla for the first part of August. Hint: it doesn't have anything to do with terrorism, the terrorists, or new information.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me guess. Something about a right-wing conspiracy, Bush is controlling the fear, getting re-elected, and Ashcroft wants to listen to you talk to your wife on the phone?

cardcounter0
08-04-2004, 12:07 PM
You forgot about locking up all the gays and a new $2 minimum wage for every one else.

GWB
08-04-2004, 06:20 PM
So you'd rather make political points than have us protect real people from terror attacks?