PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 hand

05-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Howdy all,

Thoght I would start posting some hands to see where I am at.

20-40 shorthanded (6 players) I am on the button w/ Ac-kd. All fold to the cuttoff who raises. I three bet and he calls.

The flop is 2h-kc-10c. The cuttoff comes out firing. I call. (expecting to raise the turn and get an extra big bet from him.)

The turn is 8c Giving me a nut flush top pair with the nut flush redraw. He checks I bet he calls.

The river is Ah giving me top two pair. He checks I bet he raises I call. He turns over Q-Js for broadway.

any and all comments appreciated

05-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Well, the river call may be unnecessary, but otherwise I like your play. This depends on the opponent, but...

If he has made aces, or was bluffing, why would he not just bet out? If he had AT, would he not bet the turn again, and if not, would he call your turn bet with 3 clubs on board? Would he have A2 at all? So the ace probably doesn't help him, and he has no reason to think it didn't help you.

So I think you can fold to the river check-raise against most players, if your opponent is super tough or tricky, you can pay off or even check behind! The reason one should consider these things is that his flop bet, turn check-call should indicate a draw, and both draws got there.

Dan Z.