PDA

View Full Version : All-in with KK preflop?

holdthis
08-03-2004, 10:12 PM
The game is 10 handed with .05/.10 blinds. This is the second or third hand of the session. I am dealt KK UTG and limp in. UTG+2 raises to .60 and there are 5 callers. I go all in for $10. Thoughts?

PokerFink
08-04-2004, 01:23 AM
It's hard to comment on any game where six people can call a preflop raise of six big blinds. That's just flat out silly.

As for you're move, I don't see any other. The whole point of limping in with AA/KK from UTG is to re-raise strong once the pot is raised, so I would do it regardless of the six callers. In fact, with six callers, there is a good chance you will get paid off if you go all in, so you might as well. You don't want to get into a multi-way pot with KK, so you have to re-raise strong to knock them out, and with only 10 dollars behind, just push it all.

bunky9590
08-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Push , hope it holds up so you can triple or quadruple up against the crazies.

JohnG
08-04-2004, 01:31 PM
If your overbet does not allow QQ to get away, then the push is fine.

JrJordan
08-04-2004, 01:35 PM
I dont like the limp-reraise. With only 6 people playing there's too big a chance that it will get limped around. I'd raise from the get go here, and hope someone reraises me. That being said, I think your reraise is too big. I can't see even a hand like AK calling you here. POSSIBLY QQ, but more often than not a call on the all in is AA. This is one of those times where you'll win the minimum but lose the maximum. Reraise to around $3, then go from there.

holdthis
08-04-2004, 02:51 PM
There are 10 players, not 6. I decided to limp-reraise because there is almost always a preflop raise at these tables and many loose callers since the blinds are so small in relation to the stack sizes (100 big blinds for the max buy-in). I raised such a ridiculous amount because of the large number of callers, trying to narrow it down to just one person.

holdthis
08-04-2004, 02:57 PM
After my raise there is only one caller. The flop is A 10 X so I am glad to have raised enough to force the aces to fold. However, the villian turns over 10 10 for the set. I think I'm happy with the way I played it though.

The_Tracker
08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After my raise there is only one caller. The flop is A 10 X so I am glad to have raised enough to force the aces to fold. However, the villian turns over 10 10 for the set. I think I'm happy with the way I played it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had made a smaller reraise you might have been able to get away from your hand on the flop. That is NOT a good flop for KK. With the crazies nowdays, you can't be to suprised to see AJo, A10o or Axs call the all-in preflop.

durron597
08-04-2004, 06:55 PM
If you raise to only $3, you can get away from it if you are flatcalled when the ace flops. And even though it wasn't an ace that beat you, you still might have been able to lay down your KK on that flop (and cursed the poker gods who flopped an Ace against you). Against loose players, though, I lose my stack if TT flatcalls me and the flop is QTx.

Leo Bello
08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Well, what u did was mechanical. More of gamble than anything. To take people out, maybe a 3 dollar bet would be enough. Then you could see the flop heads-up. All-in with KK, one of the things that can happen, is fold hands pre-flop that would have paid you (QQ, JJ), or get called by AA.
In this specific hand, you could have saved money, if u went trough the flop with a 2 to 3 bet.
Anyway, comment on this limit is so tough. At this limits people simply call the 10 dollar bet with anything.

tubbyspencer
08-04-2004, 11:52 PM
You should be thrilled with the way you played this. You got your money in with the best hand. In fact, you should consider this a $8 win. Every time you get all in for $10 as an 80% favorite, you win $8 (over time of course). This was an $8 win, but of course, don't forget it is only worth $8 when your higher pair holds up too(not the $10 that it feels like). /images/graemlins/smile.gif