PDA

View Full Version : Bio on Huck Seed

06-24-2002, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can read a bio on Huck Seed. I know he won WSOP in 1996 but I'd like to get additional info.

06-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Man w/100K Breasts by Michael Konik has a chapter on Huck. Not much, Huck wouldn't talk to him, and it was written in '96 or '97.

06-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Yes, Billy is correct. There is a 2000 print of the book done by Broadway Books and you can get it on Amazon.com for $9.60. The first sentence of the chapter entitled "The Adventures of Huckleberry Seed" is: "When your name is Huck Seed, most people expect you to be a pig farmer". /images/smile.gif

06-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Theres also a brief bit on Huck Seed in Poker Nation by Andy Bellin where he pretty much says Seed is an arrogant jerk.

06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Here it is - Huck Seed Bio:

He ran track at a small Montana high school. If I remember correctly he was pretty good in the 800m and 1600m events. I only know this becuase I competed in the same events at that time but at a different school. I would always check the results of the track meets to figure where I stood against the competition. I realized I was slow. oh yea, this is about Huck not me. Anyways I would always see Huck's name in the paper and think "hmmm, that's an interesting name.". He has some brothers and sisters too.

That's about all I know about him. Imagine my surprise when a years later I saw a show on the Discovery channel where Huck Seed won the World Series of Poker.

I say him down at the Commerce a few weeks ago. Didn't introduce myself. So there you have it, Huck Seed's Bio. He's from Montana so I'm sure he is good guy even though I've never met him.

06-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Did he have hottie Asian girlfriends back then, too? /images/smile.gif

06-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Because Montana is such a teeming Asian hotbed?

06-25-2002, 05:38 PM
no lies 2d, I dated two filipina women when I lived in Montana and none since I moved to the Bay Area. don't ask me how that happened.

Also Missoula, MT has a sizable population of Hmong immigrants. Although I suspect from a cultural perspective the Hmong culture probably doesn't share that much in common with the more prevalent ethnicities that make up the Asian/American population.

06-25-2002, 10:51 PM

06-25-2002, 11:32 PM
RWM,

what exactly do you want to know about Huck? if you give some specific questions i could probably provide the answers or find them out for you very easily. i (like boris) grew up in montana and have played with huck, poker more recently but basketball a long time ago, and i also know his younger brother pretty well. i think you might be a little disappointed if you are looking for anything too exciting about huck he has always seemed to be quite reserved and maybe even a little stand-off-ish to people he doesn't know. anyway if i can be of a little help let me know. by the way, boris is right. there are a few asian hotties in montana, most of them are running around the campus here at the university in missoula, but some how i don't think huck met too many of them here!!! lol--later--J.Brown

06-26-2002, 02:36 AM
Funny story from college in Oregon. A classmate of mine was Japanese, from Idaho, and I was the first Asian person he'd ever seen that he wasn't related to. He couldn't even pronounce his last name correctly (not a long one, either)

06-26-2002, 11:26 AM
All it is is some message board that has a post saying "Huck is the best". You'll also get about 5 or 6 popup ads, and God knows what else.

07-02-2002, 07:54 AM
I have recently seen and played with Huck at Commerce and Bellagio $20-40 and 15-30. He seems to be playing on short money even for these limits and running bad, admitting to playing on case money. What happened to his bankroll. I have seen him playing $400-800 in the past. Quite a step down. He is a great player and has accomplished so much.

Anyone know what happened ?