PDA

View Full Version : a comment on the a hand from the 7stud tourney at WSOP

jwvdcw
08-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I think it was a hand featuring Nick Sangos(sp? the A.C. guy) and that guy who wears the hat and sunglasses backwards.

Funny man had 3 5s to start the hand, while Sangos had a pair of kings.

This is how the hand went...funny man slowplayed the whole way. He check raised on 5th street. On 6th street he caught a pair of 9s to make his full house, which were showing.

Sangos didn't catch anything on the river, so he only had kings. Yet he still called one more bet on the river! All of the announcers just acted normal saying he had 'pot odds' to call. But imo thats a horrible call. His opponent check-raised on 5th street and then caught another pair on 6th street! Unless he thinks it was a total bluff(which I'll admit funnyman did play a few hands very loose and bluffed a little), then he has to know he is beat.

After that hand, he only had one BB left. So he essentially risked 1/2 of his remaining chips to call there, which puts him all in next hand. He could've saved the bet and waited patiently for a better starting hand to risk his chips on.

For me, if someone check-raises on 5th street, catches a pair on 6th street to go with whatever he already had that was good enough to check raise, and then I don't catch on the river...thats an easy fold! Thoughts?

Nottom
08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After that hand, he only had one BB left. So he essentially risked 1/2 of his remaining chips to call there, which puts him all in next hand. He could've saved the bet and waited patiently for a better starting hand to risk his chips on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 2 bets is barely better than having none.

jwvdcw
08-03-2004, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 2 bets is barely better than having none.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree.

potato
08-03-2004, 10:34 PM
You're just wrong about this. There is a reason it's called a "crying call", yes, but there's a reason you MAKE the crying call too.