PDA

View Full Version : Questions about overall play; not about a particular hand.

craig r
08-03-2004, 07:48 PM
I have been playing hold em for a few years, but have only been taking the play serious for a while now. i have just started playing live (non-tournament) though. I have been playing on Stars for the last couple of weeks. I have been keeping good records on time played, hands played, how many times i have seen the flop, etc....i have a few questions regarding my play. All stats are based on .10/.25 NL on Stars.

I have played 2922 hands. At this point I am up 88.75. Which computes to exaclty 3.25/hour (i play 2 tables at once in order to get as many hands as possible in).

My first 800 hands I won 61.00. My next 880 hands I only won 2.70 and my last 1034 hands I won 24.00.

The above doesn't seem to bad, until one breaks it down by hour. Which, as i said above, only comes out to 3.25. Now, i was told that I should be winning $2.50/hour playing one table at this limit. So, that should equate to $5/hour since i am playing two tables, right?

Anyways, I guess it is time to digress. Below are my questions:

1. Based on the above stats does it seem I am playing okay? My goal is to get to 10,000 hands and then look at these numbers again. Is it possible with such few hands that my numbers could be higher or lower than this? Once I get to 10,000 hands will that be fairly accurate?

2. Should I switch to Party? I have heard that they have a lot of problems, but are the games easier?

3. Am I playing too few/many hands pre-flop? Out of the 2922 hands, i have seen the flop 22.21% of the time. This is including the blinds; i see the flop about 58-62% of the time in the big blind.

I know this post was long, but any help you guys could give would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Craig

craig r
08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
well, figured out some of the answers to my own questions. especially about whether i should play at stars or party. party def. looks like it will be much more profitable. the avg. pot size at party is 2-3 times the size of stars. that could be part of the reason i am not making 10 bb per hour at this limit. the only problem will be not being able to keep track of the number of hands played. but, i guess i can buy poker tracker for that.