PDA

View Full Version : Modded Aleo Spreadsheet

Jurollo
08-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Ok so I have modded Aleo's great work a little here is what I added:

Semi-Automatic Daily sheet, you just need to manually enter the Value for the date and fill to the right everyday.

Upped capacity to 744 (just happened to be my July total)

Conditionally formatted the entries page so ITM's come out green, OOTM comes out red, it makes it easy to see long streaks

More complex finishes pie chart

Anyone interested in me posting this anywhere, I think the fact the it is so big (700+ entries) is good for someone starting out because you don't really see the huge swings on the graphs as much as you would with 100. Also if Aleo could PM me or reply hear if he cared if I posted it would be good too because I won't unless i get his permission. Also if someone wanted to grab it and try to automize the date function on the daily worksheet that would be good too. Thanks everyone.

stupidsucker
08-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Id love to have a copy of this with yours and AM's permission. I dont know where you can host it or anything. If you have highspeed internet can you maybe zip and send it to me via email?

Dominic
08-03-2004, 07:10 PM
I'd love a copy...the file can't can't be that big, it's still just a spreadsheet, right?

Jurollo
08-03-2004, 07:19 PM
hey guys I actually figured out my formula problem so the Daily sheet is automatic too, you just have to fill down for the month in one column and the the formulas correct themselves. I think the file (with all my stats in it) is about 1 MB, could be less than that empty. I am relieved to figure out my formula problem, it was really bugging me.

Doc JS
08-03-2004, 10:01 PM
I'd like a copy, too. If everyone gives their blessing of course. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

saunder@usit.net

Thanks in advance,

Doc JS

AleoMagus
08-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Sounds like good stuff.

I absolutely do not mind at all. I'd love to get this up somewhere. I think the entries increase is a good idea, and I've tried to post a bigger version (300-500 entries) for quite some time now, but freeservers won't accept a file that big. 100 entries was only ever meant as a start, and not actually a very meaningful one.

Have you done this to the original, or my newer version with the confidence calculator (and a few other changes)?

What I'd love for someone to do, and I'm gonna figure out myself eventually, is to make the profit and ITM/ROI graphs to dynamically generate to fit the sample size. Someone was talking about how to do that in an older thread and I think it would be great.

I checked my shub314 email for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday and I actually have recieved another addition from Notready that looks interesting. Looks like a bankroll formula for Risk of Ruin but I might be wrong.

I hope that you can get it online somewhere, but if not, you can email it to me at shub314@hotmail.com and I'll try to get it online myself. It might be time for me to just get a domain name and site of my own.

Regards
Brad S

Jurollo
08-04-2004, 01:02 AM
I did it to the older version, I think if we could compile all this info, confidence calculator, my additions and dynamic graphs we would have the makings of an impressive tool. I will work on finding room somewhere for it tomorrow or thursday.

NegativeEV
08-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Did anyone ever find a public domain on which to store this new model? I'm using the original Aleo spreadsheet but would like to upgrade if this new version was out there (it seems that we have all permissions on this string).

stupidsucker
08-04-2004, 05:59 PM
I would be happy to wait for the finished product of the combined super spreadsheet with added confidence calc.

How big do you think the file will be? Can it be zipped and then stored on a site? I have a freind on vacation, and I am near positive he will host it when he comes back(but perhaps not for an indeffenate period). He is also a 2+2er but he never posts, only reads (I think).

I can also look to see if my yahoo briefcase can be used for this sorta thing. I think it has a lot of space, but I dont know if its still active, or if you can have just anyone access it for download.

Jurollo
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't think hosting will be a problem since it is only 1MB, I am in the process of trying to make the graphs dynamically update, then I can add Aleo's confidence calculator and we would really have something worth while. I will try to find somewhere to put at least when I have up in the next couple of days.

AleoMagus
08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I have had version 2 on my site for a while now and today I integrated the excellent addition that NotReady emailed me.

The spreadsheet at www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Spreadsheet (http://www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Spreadsheet)

now has all the same stuff as the original with the following additions:

-Integrated Confidence Calculator
-Integrated Bankroll and Risk of Ruin Calculator
-A few fixed bugs and errors
-Slightly changed appearance

Thanks again to NotReady for those calcultions. I have changed the appearance of what he sent me to be more understandable to everybody, but the Risk of Ruin calculator is his essentially his work.

Regards
Brad S

TiltHappens
08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
If you still need a place to put it online, please email it to me and I'll place it online.

I own a WebHosting company and have PLENTY of extra bandwidth.

webmaster@tilthappens.com

Jurollo
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Ok great, Aleo if you put that stuff up by the weekend I hope to have the dynamic chart function up and running and maybe round the entries off at 750, and put all the tools together into a neat package. Then we can maybe get it online. Let me know if you get it only or email it to me @ jurollo@yahoo.com

AleoMagus
08-04-2004, 08:37 PM
It is up now and ready to use or modify as anyone sees fit.

I think the file is Universal V2 100.xls

at the same location the original was posted
(the link is in my other post in this thread)

Regards
Brad S

Jurollo
08-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Ok guys, I am going to have some time to screw around with it tomorrow, should be up somewhere by the end of the day. I added a "Splits" page which breaks down progress by day of the week.

stupidsucker
08-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Looking great guys.

I look forward to testing it out for you. Always trying to do my part. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NegativeEV
08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Many thanks for your effort on this model- greatly appreciated. I assume that you will be posting the link to the finished model once available.

thanks again for working on this, I'm looking forward to leeching off the efforts /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jurollo
08-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok done with all changes for version 1.0 and am looking for a place to post it, could have it up within 20 minutes.