PDA

View Full Version : Using Poker Tracker

Zeke
08-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I got the trial version of Poker Tracker, and was simply amazed at how useful it is. However, I am unsure how often to email myself my hand history so that I'm not overlapping too much and getting repeat hands, but also not missing any. Can anyone give me an idea of how they work updating poker tracker while playing.. it just seems a little distracting to me sometimes and adds to the jumble as I'm usually playing 2-3 tables of .5/1 at a time. If someone has a good system for keeping track of their hands at some sort of a set interval please let me know. Thanks.

rmr1976
08-03-2004, 05:50 PM
I usually try to keep the database up to date by downloading every 100 hands or so.

If you think you missed something, you can always ask the customer service to send you all of your hands on a particular date. At least that is how it works at Empire Poker.

Toonces
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
I actually use pokertracker as a running update on my table, so I grab an update evry 3-5 hands and keep the table page on the bottom of my screen so I can see everyones data up to the minute. I do it in about 5 mouse clicks after I fold a hand. But I get the impression that I am the exception around here.

chesspain
08-03-2004, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got the trial version of Poker Tracker, and was simply amazed at how useful it is. However, I am unsure how often to email myself my hand history so that I'm not overlapping too much and getting repeat hands, but also not missing any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about overlappping too much--the software quickly and accurately sifts out the duplicate hands.

Big Country
08-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Depending on how many tables you are playing, just set pokertrackerot auto-request hand histories. I usually only have one table going since I am usually tending to other business while playing, so I just have pokertracker request my last 100 hands every 35 minutes or so. I get some dupes, but its not that big of a deal since PT filters those out anyway.

TimM
08-03-2004, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about overlappping too much--the software quickly and accurately sifts out the duplicate hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I actually want overlap, so I don't miss hands. I request 100 hands every 10 minutes while 3-tabling. I used to do 100 every 20 mins, but found that sometimes the request didn't go through, and I would miss hands. This can happen if you are doing something in the poker interface at the moment the request triggers.

Except for Hand history requests, I don't use PokerTracker much while playing, but I do use the automatic notes export.

Blarg
08-04-2004, 05:32 AM
I like overlap too. I've found often Partypoker won't reply to hand requests, so you miss out on hands sometimes. At least with a solid amount of overlap, you won't miss out on too many.

Usually I play three tables, and set Pokertracker to request 100 hands every 15 minutes. That usually gives me 50 to 60 hands, but amazingly sometimes much more. I've gotten plenty of 99's and 100's that way even when I know I didn't miss any hands. Sometimes the games are just much faster for brief periods.

I use pokertracker a lot during play myself. I love to see what kind of VPIP people have, and make notes. It's surprising how many people will still have a VPIP of 50 or more even after 50 hands or more. I was playing a guy today with 170 hands recorded who had a VPIP of 60. That kind of thing can tell you a lot about a guy's potential hands.

Luv2DriveTT
08-04-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't multi-table that much, occasionally 2 table but not often, so I tend to download my hand history every 5-10 hands. I keep the gametime window open at all times, and I flip back and forth to the game notes windows so I can make notes and re-evaluate my play vs my oponents play on tricky hands. When using PT its a good idea to over-request what you have played. If you think you played 10 hands, request 15.

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif