PDA

View Full Version : 8-16 limp-reraise

05-04-2002, 10:21 PM
played in my first 8-16 game this afternoon. this is my highest live limit so far (i played 10-20 once online for about 2 orbits but thats about it).

so i sat down and the chips were a different color and the players weren't all talking it up like at the 3-6 table. i was a little intimidated.

anyways, here's the hand:

i'm UTG with AsKs and limp, 3 more limp and the button raises, BB calls, i limp-reraise, one limper drops, the other two call, the button and BB call.

[9s Qd 2h]

BB checks, i bet, limpers fold, button calls, BB calls.

turn is the Kh, i bet, button raises, BB folds, i call.

river is a blank, i check-call.

comments?

results later.

05-04-2002, 10:38 PM
i lost to buttons KQs. when i limp-reraised i was representing AA and when he raised the turn it meant he could beat an overpair i think. i couldn't lay it down though. oh well.

05-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Not knowing the players, you should probably pay the hand off. However, it appears you're beat by either KQ, JT or a set. All of these hands have you drawing dead except for KQ which leaves you with a mere 3 outs. I guess what I'm saying is that this is a fairly easy lay down against many players.

05-04-2002, 11:28 PM
For the record, I didn't read this post until I responded to your first one. So it was KQ. Well, at least you had outs.

05-05-2002, 02:51 AM
well played. your limp-reraise preflop is esp. impressive.

no reason to 3 bet the turn here given the scary board although the thought should definitely cross your mind.

not much else to say. nicely played.