PDA

View Full Version : Correct application of protecting my hand?

jmark
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (10 players)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (10 players)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls,SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls

River: (20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (10 players)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks

Final Pot: 20 BB

On the flop there was nothing I could do as there was 20 SB in the pot and anyone with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif would be correct to draw to their 2-out straight flush. So I checked it through.

On the turn since the diamond hit anyone with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif wouldn't fold for my bet. When the person to my left lead out I didn't want to raise because then I would give anyone with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif the correct odds to call.

On the flop my scare card hit, so I just checked it through, since I'd only be called by someone with a better hand.

Comments?

flexus
08-03-2004, 03:47 PM
this is a joke, right?

newcool
08-03-2004, 03:51 PM
lol

DMBFan23
08-03-2004, 04:04 PM
you played this hand like crap, you should have gone all in preflop.

papawawa
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
very funny. . .

btspider
08-03-2004, 04:29 PM
fold pre-flop. this is going to be a family pot and an Ace will likely hit someone else. in fact, i'd fold AA as well b/c you are not > 50% likely to win the hand. yeah, just find a new table. you're asking to be sucked out on with these people.

bisonbison
08-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Well played. With a hand like this, you just want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

cartoonsoldier
08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I learnt something new today /images/graemlins/smile.gif