PDA

View Full Version : Short-handed play/study groups

06-24-2002, 05:14 PM
I've gotten a decent number of responses both on this site and via e-mail that posters are interested in creating short-handed play/study groups.

Here's the plan as I envision it:

Groups of five players will meet weekly on ultimatebet.com (so you have to download their software) and play at the 5-handed hold'em play money tables. For convenience and reliability, the meetings will be once a week on a specific day at a designated time. The playing sessions should be at least two hours. (I doubt I would want to play for more than four hours and will probably stop at three hours.)

In addition, I think it would be very constructive if hands were posted on the short-handed forum for open discussion. Despite us using play money, the fact that everybody is playing their A-game should make the hands very worthy of discussion.

Nobody has given me any preffered days/times of play. Therefore, I will start the ball rolling by proposing two days/times in which I am interested in playing. Let me know if you want commit to this day/time. Also, my schedule is very flexible so I can certainly adjust to something completely different.

Group 1- Mondays at 6pm eastern/3pm pacific

Note: I rarely play live poker on Mondays so this day is excellent for me

Group 2- Wednesday(night)/Thursday(morning) at 1am eastern/10pm pacific

Note: The day is not important here. It's the time which is perfect for me. I stay up very late so I'd like to have a late night group. I know that Clarkmeister is up late as well so the two of us could be a reliable core for this group.

I'm only interested in being in two groups. If we get a lot of interest, someone else may need to take the initiative to pull together a group that I'm not in.

06-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey Dynasty,

I play on UB regularly anyway and would enjoy being a guinna pig in your group. My problem is I still work 9am to 6pm CST but am home by 6:15pm and am ready play some poker then. Monday is a great evening for me as well since our live games are Tues/Thur evenings, just an hour or so later and I am in.

May I ask what your screen name is so I may at least kibbitz if not play in the group.

Jimbo

06-24-2002, 07:58 PM
I'd be interested in playing in your group - how should I get in contact?

Thanks,

Patrick

06-24-2002, 09:01 PM

06-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Can't do the Monday afternoon session, but I'd be up for Wednesday evenings. (That is, those weeks when the wife will let me stay up late playing poker...)

06-24-2002, 11:36 PM
I might be interested. Mondays are a no-go. Wednesday might work, but I can't absolutely commit to anything, i.e. I could miss sometimes leaving the game errr, shorthanded. I think I'll be the one donating play money though.

You still have my e-mail Dynasty? If not, I'll e-mail you.

06-24-2002, 11:59 PM
i could definalty play in the wends group. but i am moving this weekend and will probably not be able to play next week while i get set up in my new digs. could we set up a system of alternates so if a person scheduled to play couldnt make it they could email others who might only be able to make that day occasionally?

tom c.

06-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Dynasty,

The Monday night group would work for me. Six o'clock EST is doable, but, like Jimbo said, an hour or so later would be better.

Thanks,

Matt

06-25-2002, 11:32 AM

06-25-2002, 02:33 PM

06-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm up for Wed. nights as well. However, I can't commit to being available on a regular basis, as my job occasionally requires staying quite late. I like Tom's idea of alternates a lot.

-jdg

jeremy@navigo.com

06-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Mondays or Wednesdays but I'm a CSTer and often work late. I can certainly make it if it was 8-9 EST. When a time is agreed upon, I'll do my best to make it.