PDA

View Full Version : 10,500 hand mark at .5/1. - PokerTracker stats - comments appreciated

JudgeRW
08-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Whew.

Made it.

10k hands.

Little, rocky. Only one 150BB downswing. Another episode I lost half the bankroll I'd built in my weekend at 1/2 (boy did that suck). But still, here I am. I'm back to my 300BB for .5/1. and on track to continue up to the ol' 1/2 try again. If it wasn't for those dang sit-n-go's, I'd be set already, but that's a totally different thread . . .

So, here's my PT stats for 10k+ hands. I'd appreciate it if someone would look them over, and see if you see some weakness based on the numbers. I also have a couple questions that I haven't figured out yet, so any help is appreciated.

Total Hands: 10,498

Vol. put $ in Pot: 25.2% (what does this stat mean in layman's terms, and what's it's significance?)

Saw flop all hands: 34.5%

Saw flop not a blind: 23.4%

Won $ when saw flop: 24.6%

Went to SD: 27.6%

Won $ at SD: 57.8%

BB/100 6.4

Raise PF: 5.9%

Aggression factor:
PF: .28
Flop: 1.34
Turn: 1.83
River: 2.44

for a .82 Agg factor overall

Think that's about it. Again, any comments appreciated.

lawpoker
08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
VP$IP is the percentage of times you voluntarily put money in the pot (when not in a blind, i believe). 25% seems a bit high. i think many posters would try to stay around 17%-20%. so i'd work on that. but all the same congratulations on reaching your 10.5k mark. good luck in the next level.

prrthd
08-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Your stats look pretty good. Although you need to bring down you VP$IP to between 16 and 20. Also you need to up your aggression to around 1.5.

flexus
08-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Your VP$IP is quite high. It is most likely too high if you are not a very good postflop player.

I also think you should try to be a little bit more aggressive befor the flop.

chief444
08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Looks a little too loose and a little too passive as others have commented. Win rate is solid though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

detruncate
08-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi there. Congratulations on your success. <insert standard disclaimer about small sample size here>.

Your VP$IP number is on the high side. When you combine this with your fairly low PF Raise %, you might want to give some more though to your PF play. Think about situaions you find yourself in that were close between limping and raising, and ask yourself why you limped. Also think about situations that were close between limping and folding and ask yourself why you chose to play. What was the ideal result and why?

Numbers are useful for identifying trends. It's not about being aggressive for the sake of aggression, or about 'the correct stats'... it's that you're missing out on profitable situations when you limp when you should raise, and you're leaking bets when you limp when you should fold.

Your flop and turn aggression levels are low (especially the flop numbers). Combined with your slightly low Went to Showdown % and your high W$SD & River Aggression numbers, you seem to be doing a lot of calling until you hit and/or feel safe. This seems to indicate that you're not correctly identifying your edges, and not pushing them hard enough when you do. Consider spending some time reading up on post-flop play, and posting hands for feedback. Counting outs and jamming draws might be a good place to start. When you start to realize just how much pot equity you have a lot of the time, it doesn't make sense not to push more often with both made hands and draws.

Everyone is probably going to suggest reading SSH, and I'll add my voice to that. Also, TOP will help you understand a lot of the conceptual underpinnings to the game of poker, which should give you more insight into why it's correct to do the things you should do - it'd probably be a good time to read or re-read it. I'm sure you'll get a lot out of both. I know I did. And continue to.

Cheers.

BradleyT
08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
If you follow the advice in SSH your VP$IP is not too high.

People saying it is let too many profitable situations pass them by.

Nottom
08-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Total Hands: 10,498

Vol. put $ in Pot: 25.2% - <font color="red"> too high </font>

Saw flop all hands: 34.5% - <font color="red"> too high </font>

Saw flop not a blind: 23.4% - <font color="red"> too high </font>

Won $ when saw flop: 24.6% - <font color="red"> too low </font>

Went to SD: 27.6% - <font color="red"> too low </font>

Won $ at SD: 57.8% - <font color="red"> this is prolly about right </font>

BB/100 6.4 - <font color="red"> good but unsustainable </font>

Raise PF: 5.9% - <font color="red"> too low </font>

Aggression factor:
PF: .28
Flop: 1.34
Turn: 1.83

for a .82 Agg factor overall - <font color="red"> river aggresion shouldn't be that high comapred to others </font>

If I were to guess, I would think you are a bit too loose, slightly too passive, and been catching some nice draws for big pots through your first 10K hands. Prepare for an ugly turn of events unless you work hard to plug those leaks.

Nottom
08-03-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you follow the advice in SSH your VP$IP is not too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

25% is almost certainly still too high (but not by much), I'd be perfectly happy with something like 22%.

Zetack
08-03-2004, 08:12 PM
My thoughts about the numbers are pretty much the same as everybody elses except this:

Those are damn nice results. Perhaps, as they say, you are running pretty well...perhaps, though, your postflop play is very good.

I wouldn't change your play to hit "optimal" numbers, but I would examine why you are playing the way you do, and see if there are any changes to make...

--Zetack

JudgeRW
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. This is basically what I would like to do. I really do not feel that I am loose PF at all. I play premium hands. I keep a good eye on my position, and obviously loosen up as I approach the button, but not really all that much.

I probably do NOT raise enough. After I took the 150BB downsing, and came back (in fine fashion I might add) to hit 500BB for .5/1., and then tried 1/2 and lost to around $180 in a week, I was very weak. That one took me pretty hard, and honestly, I was unprepared mentally for it. So I really got conservative (after taking a few weeks off /images/graemlins/confused.gif ).

I DO need to look at raising more PF (but this will not change my VP$IP # at all I wouldn't think, I would need to tighten up for this to occur, correct? And this # is for all possible actions, not only PF right?)

I also don't feel I'm getting maximum value out of my good draws. I do a lot of calling with a draw (ie Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush? Do I have the now 4:1 to continue to draw to it? Do I have the 5:1 to continue to draw to my OESD? etc.) I need to recognize what the "ram &amp; jam" draws are (some help here?) and then play them accordingly.

Thanks again for all the insight fellas.

Rob

Zetack
08-05-2004, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I also don't feel I'm getting maximum value out of my good draws. I do a lot of calling with a draw (ie Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush? Do I have the now 4:1 to continue to draw to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumption seems to be creeping into some threads and I want to clarify it. When looking at pot odds on the flop, you look at the odds for your next card, not for your next two cards--not by how likely you are to hit by the river.

So a flush draw is 4-1 on the flop not 2-1. And a gutshot is around 11-1 not 5.5-1 etc etc etc. This is important because if you make this mistake you will be chasing far to frequently and it will cost you money.

--Zetack

btspider
08-05-2004, 10:59 AM
To add to what Zetack said..

Do I have the 2:1 required to draw to the flush?

The 2:1 on the flop is used to determine if you have the odds to BET/RAISE the pot for value on the flop with your flush draw, not to decide whether to CALL/FOLD (draw) to the later streets.

Sarge85
08-05-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Went to SD: 27.6% - <font color="red"> too low </font>

Won $ at SD: 57.8% - <font color="red"> this is prolly about right </font>

for a .82 Agg factor overall - <font color="red"> river aggresion shouldn't be that high comapred to others </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Notes Nottom -

The way I interpret these numbers as a whole is that our Hero is only wanting to show down the mortal nuts - and is able to have a high aggression factor, low WSD%, and what looks a tad high W$SD(imo 55% is where you want it)numbers.

Hero may be missing showing down potential winners.

I also note that I think there is a definate relationship between Voluntariy put in flop - and won when saw the flop. - as others said - looks like you are seeing to many flops, and then bailing on them on the flop - so either you aren't exploiting flops that are potentially winners, or you need to hunker down on your starting hand requirements.

However your BB/100 hands is astounding IMO - so your definately getting your moneys worth on the hands your choosing to take to showdown.

Search for Pokertracker stats, by MS Sunshine - IMO he is the resident expert.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif