PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 is still killing me, how about my stats and any advice?

Joe826
08-03-2004, 10:05 AM
I not the biggest fan of these stats posts but I'm really at a loss as to what I can do to do start winning in these games again. I've been playing 5/10 SH for about a month and the first 3 weeks went really well, I won around 220BB and I figured I had the game under pretty well under control. Then, over the last week i'm down almost 200 BB and i'm really reconsidering whether or not I can actually beat this game. I know big swings like this are expected, but since it's happening so soon it's really bothering me. The thing that keeps me in these games is that the players are soooo bad. It seems like anyone seeing less than 30% flops should show an immediate profit. I've decided i'm going to keep playing these games and if I drop another 100 BB, then i'll move back to my regular game which is 5/10 full and think about this some more. Anyways - i'll stop whining and just post my damn stats. Let me know what you think, any advice is totally appreciated.

5/10 - 12,682 hands

VP$IP 19.52
VP$IP from SB 27.78 (I sometimes complete with hands like K8o. Is this totally wrong?)
PFR% 12.36

Folded SB to steal 84.42%
Folded BB to steal 68.90%

Attempted to steal blinds 24.75%
Won $ WSF 35.88%

Went to SD 35.56
Won $ at SD 50.32
BB/100 hands 0.06 /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I can't find standard deviation, where is this??
My aggression factor is 1.91.

And that's about it.. are there any other important stats I should post? Since i've been on this massive losing streak my numbers briefly look like this:

VP$IP 18.88
PFR% 12.75

Won $ WSF 34.73
Went to SD 34.41
Won $ at SD 47.46

Anyways, i'm sorry if this seems overly whining or whatever, but I actually feel better just posting about it. Plus, if you're like me, you secretly like reading about other peoples losing streaks. Enjoy!

fyodor
08-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Here's a similar thread that answers most of your questions (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=727780&fpar t=&PHPSESSID=)

Joe826
08-03-2004, 10:20 AM
sweet. thanks.

fnord_too
08-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Deviation is in the session notes more details I think, but I don't think it is too useful until you get a whole lot more hands logged. I think my deviation is still over 16BB/hour with about the same number of hands.

Your stats are show that you are tighter and more aggressive than I am. I think there are a few possible explanations for your rate.

1. Bad luck. Entirely possible, I have had some very good luck over my first 13k hands, and good luck is less frequent than bad... Your won at SD dropped by almost 3% durring your losing streak. How many of these hands are in your losing streak btw?

2. Game selection. I think this is huge at 5/10, I don't sit down if I see other tight aggressive players. I may sit down with one more TAG if there are at least 2 or 3 LP's there. There are so many games, there is no reason not to be selective.

3. Not folding enough post flop. One leak I have been endeavoring to plug is calling turn raises too much.

4. Folding too much post flop. I doubt this is the problem, but if you have gotten a little gun shy due to your cold spell it may be.

I would concentrate my focus on possibilities 2 and 3, if it is just luck, nothing to do but ride it out.

Joe826
08-03-2004, 10:30 AM
In general I think I exercise atleast decent game selection. I could probably do better, but i'm happy if there 1-2 LP's at the table seeing almost every flop. You're probably right about point 3 as well. I still getting the hang of when to let go of hands and when to call down, but I think i'm getting better.

The losing streak is over about 6k hands. Thanks for the reply.

Packerfan1
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Joe:

First, I (and all of us who first started trying 6max) understand how you feel. I dug out my old 5/10 numbers and hopefully this will help.

[ QUOTE ]
I know big swings like this are expected, but since it's happening so soon it's really bothering me

[/ QUOTE ]

The game doesn't take in to account that you're relatively new at this. 100-200 BB swings are part of 6max, whether you've played 10,000 hands or 100,000 hands. If you're not well capitalized, or just uncomfortable with the swings - 6 max isn't for you on a mental/emotional level (and thats...ok. /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Joe stats 12,600 hands, Pack's 5/10 stats 83,500 hands.

VP$IP: Joe 19.52, Pack 21.15
PFR: Joe 12.36, Pack 9.49 (o shuddup, Im at 12% in 10/20)
Won$WSF: Joe 35.88, Pack 32.96
Went to SD: Joe 35.56, Pack 30.16
Won$ at SD: Joe 50.32, Pack 56.60
BB/100: Joe 0.06 /images/graemlins/frown.gif , Pack 2.30 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

VP$IP from SB: Joe 27.78, Pack 38.62
Fold SB to Steal: Joe 84.42, Pack 87.47
Fold BB to Steal: Joe 68.90, Pack 52.29

Total Aggression factor: Joe 1.91, Pack 2.43

Here's what leaps out at me...

1) If you keep playing like you are... I think you'll still win over time. So relax and have faith.

2) Like most good full game players, the biggest part of your 6max game that may be lacking and should be a focus is how you play from the blinds. Right now it appears you don't defend your BB as often, and probably as vigorously, as you should. I think this number needs to be closer to 50 to be "correct". Frankly I feel MY blind play is still a work in progress so I'm going to leave detailed advice to others who are more skilled at it.

3. I thought I was a rock preflop, sheesh. BUT - You see more showdowns than I did and you win less of them. I'd look back on your hands and make sure you're not going to far with hands you should be getting away from. I think you get better at this with experience in 6max since its tough to laydown a good starting hand to the super-chooks out there. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hope that's a good start for help.

Pack

PS: You can find your standard deviation stats under the "Session Notes" tab by clicking the "more detail" button at the top right.

Joe826
08-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey Pack,

Thanks alot for the post. It really does help. The swings don't do me any sort of special trauma. The only reason i'm bent out of shape this time is because I'm worried I can't beat the game efficiently.

I'm definetly going to work on my blinds play and letting hands go. I'll post hands I have questions about. I'm especially glad I posted about the SB. For some reason I thought I was completing too much when I wasn't completing enough.

stripsqueez
08-04-2004, 02:47 AM
stats posts are of limited use

i think your stats are generally ok - you do lots of business in the blinds playing short handed and i suspect any good short handed player is a bit obsessive about their blind play - ultimately playing as tight as you do in the blinds wont account for a huge difference in your results which is to say you have the basics already

200BB's just isnt a big number - i did 15,000 hands of 10/20 and 15/30 last week and lost $500 - i have 120,000 hands in pokertracker that suggests thats more than 2.5BB's/100 too few

stripsqueez - chickenhawk