PDA

View Full Version : Live hand from a couple weeks ago that's still bugging me

Ghazban
08-03-2004, 09:59 AM
This was the $300 buy-in 1/2 no-limit game at the the Trop in AC. I was dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and open-raised to $15 (a pretty standard opener in this game), UTG re-raised to $30, next 2 people cold call and its folded around to me. The UTG+1 reraiser was fairly new to the table so I had little to no read on him other than that he had folded most of the hands he'd been dealt. The two cold callers were maniacs who could have just about anything right here. I had about $220 left in front of me so I called the $15 more. Should I have reraised again?

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, UTG+1 bets $25 (into a $120 pot), the two coldcallers both call and I fold. I reasoned that someone could've already made the flush which I had no shot at without the queen of diamonds and, if UTG+1 had KK or AA, I was drawing to just one out in the whole deck (the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif) to beat him (let alone the other two guys).

Turn was a blank and it was checked around, river another blank (no more diamonds) and it was checked around. The 2nd cold caller flips over 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif and took it down (everyone else mucked).

So how badly did I play this? Should I have led out at the flop, re-reraised preflop or what? I was stunned to see 10s take that down and have been wondering if I was just playing scared the whole hand.

bunky9590
08-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Played well. The flop call would be marginal at best. Never reraise PF with QQ in EP, youre out of position against a reraiser. Though just store that info away and smack that clown with the TT around next time.

The 15 dollar open raise is just sick though. 10 would be my standard open in that game.

PokerFink
08-03-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm assuming you're $220 doesn't cover the other players, because if it did, I would push. I don't like multi-way pots with maniac callers, so I probably would have re-raised and try to get heads up with the UTG+1. He only doubled you're bet, and with maniac callers behind him, that's a pretty weak second raise to make with AA or KK, so I would have figured my QQ was good and re-raised. If he has AK and it turns into an all-in coinflip, so be it, because with the $60 in dead money in there, a coinflip is a pretty good investment.