PDA

View Full Version : Standard C/R All-in?

tpir90036
08-03-2004, 09:31 AM
small statkes 7-handed NL live game with two $1 blinds. stacks are not super deep with everyone having bought in for ~100BBs and everyone still around that mark. opponent in this hands is very aggro and would raise an unimproved AQ or TP no kicker if bet into but can lay down to heat.

hero ($95) opens to $5 in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. opponent ($120) calls on the button and both blinds fold.

Flop ($12) A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
i bet $10. oppnent calls.

Flop ($32) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)
i check. opponent bets $25. i push.

standard? my opponent could have everything from A-rag, a straight draw a /images/graemlins/heart.gif draw or nothing. i think he would even check a set here heads-up so i am not even remotely worried about that. i don't play TPTK real well and since i am "+EV confident" in my hand i didn't know if i should call here and let villian bluff again on the river (which he very well may do).

thanks in advance,
-tpir

ThePopinjay
08-03-2004, 09:40 AM
I like your line, but don't expect to win everytime

Wayfare
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
I would have played a set this way (as your opponent did). However, if you think he doesn't have one (not remotely concerned? /images/graemlins/smile.gif) and will call you with worse kickers, by all means do it -- you're not that deep and won't get away on the river.

tpir90036
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't expect to win everytime

[/ QUOTE ]
i definitely don't but against villain's range of hands here i feel that i am good to go with this move. villain is defintely a decent aggressive player.... but his Shania needed a little work /images/graemlins/wink.gif

1800GAMBLER
08-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Well played. I might check the flop too. I might also just call and bet him all in on the river if i think A,x will fold the turn yet call on that line.

tpir90036
08-03-2004, 04:25 PM
villain pissed and moaned for a while and then flashed A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif as he folded saying that he couldn't call on just a flush draw. if he was going to call the flop he probably should have taken the free card i offered him with the nut flush draw. what was that about not betting or raising when you can't stand to be raised? exactly.

Zag
08-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Did you then show your slick and point out to him that he made a bad fold?

$137 in the pot and only $55 for him to call is 2.49-to-1 payoff. 13 outs (9 hearts and 3 fours) against 29 non-outs makes his chances of winning 2.23-to-1 against. If he knew your hand, he should have called.

Of course, if you held a set or A7, his call would be a mistake, though not by all that much. We can offset that with the number of times you would be making this move as a gutsy semi-bluff with the non-nut flush draw. With 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the OESF draw, you might make this play, eh?

Anyway, from your point of view, I like the move only if you know that they opponent is very aggressive. You started with over 90 BBs, so, in general, you don't want to get all in with only TPTK. But against an over-aggressive player, this is a great play. Of course, you occasionally want to be making the same play as a bluff. (Would you?)

JrJordan
08-03-2004, 06:16 PM
TPTK is rarely a check/raising hand. I'd most likely bet 2/3 pot on the turn here. If he reraises you here, then by your LAGgish read, I would raise all in as well. If he simply calls, then I could check the river and call a decent sized bet providing there are no real scare cards. You can't risk giving him an extra card when all you have is a pair.

tpir90036
08-03-2004, 07:35 PM
normally i agree. but i knew this player would not take the free card.... he over-uses his position and would raise KQ here if he were the PF raiser and i lead into him.

tpir90036
08-03-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the OESF draw, you might make this play, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
definitely.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, you occasionally want to be making the same play as a bluff. (Would you?)

[/ QUOTE ]
in this game yes. i have a ridiculously tight image with these players.... in fact, i could probably get away with this more often than i think.