PDA

View Full Version : First session at party poker

aquifex harse
08-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I've been playing online now for a few months, and have managed to turn a small profit playing on VC-poker. However, recently I have decided to try out one of the larger sites with predominantly American players. After reading a few posts on this site I decided to try Party poker....

What a difference in game play!! I deposited 1000 dollars and started playing NL Hold em (6 max $100), which is my usual game... The action was unbelievable- constant bluffing, people calling with any draw and any pair. This was a complete contrast to my usual VC-poker games which are quite tight. It took a bit of getting use to and I finished $30 down for my first session.

Is party always like this, or did I pick a "frisky" table? If this type of play is normal should I have a bigger bankroll to play these limits? Any comments from Party players would be appreciated

Thanks

Aquifex

Nottom
08-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Nope, thats pretty much the norm.

westmt01
08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
Welcome to Party Poker. Get used to it. I've always had a much greater variance at Party than other sites because of the overabundance of maniacs. Personally I prefer the loose-passives of places like Pacific and TruePoker to the loose-aggressives of Party and Pokerroom.

aquifex harse
08-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Any tips on trying to lower your varience when playing this type of game?? Is it best to play tight and V agressive??

cheers

Aquifex

djack
08-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the fish pond!

westmt01
08-03-2004, 08:29 PM
I think so. Stick to smart poker - tight and aggressive. However, be prepared to see your pocket aces occasionally go down the drain to some numbnut playing 72o who sucks out the winner at the river. But in the long run if you play smart - you will do VERY well at Party. You'll have swings though; just ride them out.