PDA

View Full Version : Are we living in Hell?

GWB
08-03-2004, 06:18 AM
Read this article (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&u=/nm/20040803/pl_nm/campaign_kerry_heinz_dc_1&printer=1)and then answer this question:

stripsqueez
08-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Ms Kerry seems the only person not talking out of their bum in the entire sad episode that is an american election

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

cardcounter0
08-03-2004, 09:05 AM
HI, My name is Dick Cheney.

As CEO of Halliburton Inc., I opened a Cayman Islands subsidiary specifically for doing millions of dollars worth of business with the terrorist Iranian government.

Keep me in the White House so I can drive your country to the ground!

If you don't like it, Go Cheney Yourself!

The Armchair
08-03-2004, 11:57 AM
With Canada so close, you'd think most people would leave Hell for cooler temperatures.

benfranklin
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ms Kerry seems the only person not talking out of their bum in the entire sad episode that is an american election

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms. Heinz Kerry gets upset because people object to her expressing her opinions, saying that people don't like her because she is a woman and she is opinionated.

Actually, many of us object to her expressing her opinions because she is boring and irrelevant. I have never heard her say anything new or interesting. When she isn't engaged in spouting the campaign rhetoric of the Democratice platform, she is going on at great length about what a great man her first husband was, and how she misses him. Who cares?? Watch Oprah if you want this kind of stuff.

Whatever her background, history, education, and well-meaning intentions, she is a foreign-born heiress, and hasn't a clue about how Americans live or think. One of her homes could comfortably house a refugee camp full of displaced persons, and her annual expenditure on clothing could keep half a dozen families above the poverty line. Welcome to hell. Where do I join up??

benfranklin
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With Canada so close, you'd think most people would leave Hell for cooler temperatures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that there were a bunch of Hollywood big-shots who pronounced themselves too good and too principled to stay and live in the hell that American would become if Bush was elected.

Why are they still here /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seems to me that every day I read about people going to great lengths to sneak into this country, looking for crap jobs our native born folks won't do.

Why do they want to break into hell /images/graemlins/confused.gif

elwoodblues
08-03-2004, 12:42 PM
The statement about "Hell" was rhetoric. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. I assume the "bunch of Hollywood big-shots" (Alec Baldwin is the only I can recall) were similarly engaged in rhetorical speech.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that every day I read about people going to great lengths to sneak into this country, looking for crap jobs our native born folks won't do.

Why do they want to break into hell

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of focussing on the word "hell" you might want to consider the ideas behind the words. Perhaps, and this is a HUGE stretch, the idea was that they believe America took a turn for the worse with Bush and that electing Kerry will make it better. They use extreme language to get people's attention.

I see that you're from MN, remember when Garnett said that the timberwolves were going to "war" with their opponents. Believe it or not, he wasn't seeking an official declaration of war from Congress. I don't even think he wanted to bring in the troops. He was trying to rally the team's supporters --- much like the "hell" comment.