PDA

View Full Version : Resteal went badly wrong.......was this move as bad as it turned out

mackthefork
08-03-2004, 05:59 AM
This was in a 50 FPP R1 super to the WCOOP main event (so no great hardship in losing, as I'd be dead money anyways /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

256 players started 2 qualify for R2, 20 left my stack is around the just average 15K or so, blinds are 300/600 ante 50.

I am in SB, button has me covered just, BB has slightly less than me, 7 at my table.

It was folded to button who made it 2,000, I had AJo and felt it was a steal or semi steal, so I pushed over the top of him all in, the BB called quickly, the button thought a while then called, button had 77, BB had AKo. This was the first really aggresive move i'd made in the tourney, I guess the 2 calls were not so bad as you had to finish 1st or 2nd to get anywhere anyways, so risks need to be taken.

So anyway does anyone think this push was awful or okay, I find myself on the rail (tweet, tweet) after making a late move like this a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Mack

Edit (I forgot to mention the buttons 7s stood up)

Cleveland Guy
08-03-2004, 08:42 AM
I don't think the move was a bad one - but was the all in push too much? Would a re raise to about 5,000 have gotten you the information you needed?

Kinda shocked he called 2 people with only 77, unless he has you both covered, but I'm thinking a re-steal of 5K would have got him to fold something weak, and kept you in good enough shape if he didn't, or if/when the BB played back at you.

mackthefork
08-03-2004, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the move was a bad one - but was the all in push too much? Would a re raise to about 5,000 have gotten you the information you needed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably but one of them would have pushed i feel, then i fold for 10K in a 25K or 35K pot? That would be tough for me to do, maybe even incorrect.

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda shocked he called 2 people with only 77

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it kind of irritated me at first, but when i thought about it, he had to maybe gamble to get a handy stack, because other than 1st or 2nd place we all went with nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
unless he has you both covered

[/ QUOTE ]

He did but only by 2K

[ QUOTE ]
and kept you in good enough shape if he didn't

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got it right there 10K is probably enough to play (about 15BB). There were a couple of 70K stacks on the other two tables though.

I felt we were getting to the important stages and didn't want to look weak, I was sort of sending a message to them saying don't be stealing or i'll take it to the felt, so i took myself to the felt /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks for response.

Regards Mack

Cleveland Guy
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
[quote
Probably but one of them would have pushed i feel, then i fold for 10K in a 25K or 35K pot? That would be tough for me to do, maybe even incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

against 1 person - yes. But I'm guessing the BB comes over the top all in with his AK, and we know that the 77 wasn't leaving. So you would have been in 3 way action with your AJo - and even at those pot odds, gotta figure at lease one of them has AA, KK, QQ, or AK. and you know your way behind.

But hey - it's easy to watch and critique - I make the same mistakes when I play myself.