PDA

View Full Version : poker stars 10+1 rebuy advice

threeonefour
08-03-2004, 04:12 AM
I used the sites search function looking for posts on this matter and i didn't find anything particularly fruitful, if anyone knows of any posts relating to this please reply.

I have been experimenting with the 10+1 rebuys at pokerstars. I notice there are a lot of maniacs (especially in the first hour) and the competition is generally soft.

usually I rebuy right away for the 3000 chips and add on at the end of the hour unless i have an incredible amount of chips (20K+) or an incredibly small amount of chips (<2K, i figure I have a small chance of making the money anyway so I better just plan on getting lucky rather than throwing money at the problem)

So far I have played about 9. I have cashed in two of them, the minimum amount both times, just barely made it past the bubble.

I have a very small sample size so I am not exactly sure how profitable/unprofitable I am.

now to my question, what kind of special considerations am I to take for this tourney? it seems like loosening up a lot in the first hour is really helpful. On a good tourney with a good table I am usually at 10-14K at the first break, the problem is after that I tend to flounder. I think its because I play too many hands. The rebuy events allow you to have really deep stacks so you don't need too make any moves for a long time after the first hour. What kind of hands are you guys playing from EP MP and LP in the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th hours? just the standard stuff? or do you adjust because this is a low buyin tournament with deeper than normal stacks?

after the first break I just assume everyone stops playing ultra loose and stops bluffing but I feel like i get pushed around a lot preflop with reraises and all my profits from winning hands after the first break are just folded preflop when someone moves over the top of me.

also, i notice the table i start at affects my tournament greatly. what should i do if i am at a fairly tight table where nobody else rebought at the beginning? not rebuy myself? or one where everyone rebought at the beginning and is pretty loose with the preflop allins and subsequent rebuys?

I can make it near/to the bubble fairly well but I don't seem to have the staying power in MTT's to make the final table. what seperates a consistent final tabler with a player consistently busted on the bubble.

M.B.E.
08-03-2004, 10:12 AM
This comes up a lot. Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=738517&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1) is a good post.