PDA

View Full Version : Winning %'s with High End Hands

UncleRemus
08-03-2004, 03:05 AM
With over 35,000 SNG hands now in my poker tracker database, I'm looking at how often my high end hands are holding up and how much I'm winning with them to determine if I'm playing them sub-optimally. Anyone other players with substantial sized databases care to chime in with their Win % and BB/Hand for the following high end hands to compare how we're playing? I'd really like to see where I stand on the curve...My numbers with Jacks and AKo I find especially disturbing. The fact that my numbers with TT are better than with JJ leads me to believe I'm way overplaying my Jacks. Anyway, anyone have some numbers, or insight into what may be wrong with mine? Or is it too difficult to derive very much from these statistics? Any help is appreciated.

AA - 153 Times, 88.25% Win, 3.45 BB/Hand
KK - 138 Times, 81.36% Win, 1.62 BB/Hand
QQ - 165 Times, 79.55% Win, 1.55 BB/Hand
JJ - 143 Times, 60.98% Win, 0.07 BB/Hand
TT - 170 Times, 65.31% Win, 0.22 BB/Hand
AKs - 96 Times, 90.32% Win, 1.67 BB/Hand
AKo - 247 Times, 74.03% Win, 0.16 BB/Hand
AQs - 111 Times, 66.67% Win, 0.21 BB/Hand
AQo - 254 Times, 56.58% Win, 0.18 BB/Hand

UncleDuke
08-03-2004, 03:47 AM
It's a little hard to tell since your win % will be significantly impacted by how many players were left when you got the hands in question. Obviously more players means lower expected win pecentage.

I have 23k and change sng hands recorded, and for what it's worth, they differ from yours a good bit in both directions. I suspect it takes even more hands to get a really good pattern here. The notable thing about mine is that I have better results with JJ than QQ. My JJ is better than my TT.

Unless my logic is totally off, I don't think your low win % with JJ compared to TT indicates you are overplaying JJ. Whether or not your hand is good is independent of how you play, except for the times when you fold/don't fold or cause someone else to fold or not to. So anyway, I think your win % with JJ compared to TT is probably mostly a matter of luck rather than how you play. It's certainly true that how you play will have an impact on your amount won per hand, but since the win % is also lower for JJ than TT, I suspect a lot of it is just that you've had relatively bad situations on the average when you had JJ so far, or maybe you just got a lot of your JJ hands when there were still a lot of players left at the table.

Disclaimer: I certainly wouldn't classify myself as an expert hold em player yet. I am pretty good with math though.

UncleRemus
08-03-2004, 03:59 AM
You're probably right, I guess it would take quite a few more hands to get everything to even out a little more. Maybe another couple hundred thousand hands and I'll have a decent idea hehe.
Thanks for the input,
Remus