PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not go all-in here?

SuitedSixes
08-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Party 6 Max $25 NL
Hero has $25ish. There are two pretty big stacks +$75
Hero is BB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero raised three limpers to $4, and two big stacks called.

Flop:
A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

At this point I am only behind AA and AQ, or about a 95.33% favorite. Anyone with an A will call and will most likely need the other A to beat me. What do you do check-raise, slow play or go all-in here? I went all-in. Guess the results.

Results to follow.

SirArthur
08-03-2004, 03:10 AM
I'd check raise if it's an aggressive table and I was pretty certain someone would take a stab at this pot.

If I check raise and I'm called I'm all in on the turn no doubt about it. If my check raise is raised, I'm all in on the flop.

I think an all in on the flop from the BB was not a good move.

Don't tell me villain called you with A/Q or hit his 3 outer on the turn or river?

PokerFink
08-03-2004, 03:16 AM
I would check raise the flop. Flops like that rarely check around, one of those two players is bound to take a stab at the pot. If it checks around, then bet out on the turn, because theres a good chance that trips will play back at you (after slowplaying the flop) and you can get all in.

When and if someone bets the flop and you raise, get all in on the turn if they call, unless it's the 3rd ace, obviously. If someone has AQ or hits their three-outer then you have to pay them off, period. You have to get all in on this hand, but I wouldent do it on the flop, I would wait for someone to stab at the pot.

SuitedSixes
08-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
River 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

So Mr. A /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif wins the pot.
Beats like this aren't so hard to take when you replay them in PokerTracker.

Pre-Flop I was a 71.08% favorite
Flop I was a 77.07% favorite (when I got my chips in)
Turn I went up to an 84.09% favorite.