PDA

View Full Version : flopped set in the SB

kureido
08-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Was the flop 3-bet correct? I had a vague notion of protecting my hand from people drawing to the straight or any backdoor flush at the time.

And given that the button capped the flop, should I have check-raised him on the turn? Or was making sure it didn't get checked through more important?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

-b

PokerBob
08-03-2004, 01:54 AM
I think I bet the flop, but c/r is cool too. Looks great to me. Yes, 3-bet the flop. Get in as many bets as you can. If you are against a bigger set, so be it.

bisonbison
08-03-2004, 01:55 AM
This is fine. Get your money in. But I'd bet the flop.

With crappy position and a lot of flop action, keep pushing.

nolanfan34
08-03-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And given that the button capped the flop, should I have check-raised him on the turn? Or was making sure it didn't get checked through more important?

[/ QUOTE ]

You made the right call. Don't let the turn get checked through. You played it well.

cartoonsoldier
08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Played it well IMO.

SoCalPat
08-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Bet the flop. The check/3-bet screams huge hand. And when the button caps the flop, I would bet out again on the turn and river and pray to be raised -- kinda suprised the button slowed down as soon as he did.

kureido
08-03-2004, 05:20 AM
And when the button caps the flop, I would bet out again on the turn and river and pray to be raised -- kinda suprised the button slowed down as soon as he did.

Button showed 22 for flopped bottom set -- he showed a lot more restraint then I would have. Maybe my check/3-bet tipped him off and I lost money because of it. Won't happen again /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-b

nepenthe
08-03-2004, 05:26 AM
He was afraid of 34s and praying for the board to pair. Reasonable given you're in the SB.

HajiShirazu
08-03-2004, 06:14 AM
When the one card straight draw requires a trey or four to be completed, I am usually a bit less worried about protecting my hand and far more worried about getting in more bets. So, in this smallish pot, to ensure tranquil single bet at a time action I favor betting this innocent flop.