PDA

View Full Version : Crazy run of cards for a guy in a $10 sng at party

Keres
08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I've played a few sng's but never seen anyone get a run like this.

1st hand - wperkinsLS1 gets AA - beats allin KK preflop
3rd hand - wperkins gets KK beats all in KQ
5th hand - wperkins gets 99 which turns into quads, gets allin against a fullhouse
7th - wperkins gets a straight (the nuts) on the river beating a guy who flopped two pair - again all in
9th hand - he knocks out someone else, cant remember details

He's singlehandedly knocked out 5 players in round one.

In round 2 he raises some pf and plays slow on a flop of AQx. Turn a blank river a blank, he goes all in. Opponent wisely folds, perkins flips over AA.

Again in round 2, he gets reraised preflop by the same now shortstacked player and calls an allin in against AQ. Ace on the turn against his JJ doesnt matter as he flopped a set.

By round three, there's just three of us left. In four hands he pf raises twice, the other two of us folding and he shows 10-10 both times.

I get 99 raise all-in, he calls with AK, gets an Ace on the river, I go out 3rd.

Wraps up the tournament just as round 4 is starting.

River2Pair
08-02-2004, 11:46 PM
I love when that happens. You win some big pots to start out, you have about 60% or more of the chips in play, and can pretty much bully with any ace or any pair, and even if you lose, you're keeping the pressure on, and people will fold to you A LOT in the big blind.

I wish it happened more often.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Good story but why did you raise all-in with 99 in level 3? Real short stacked?

Cleveland Guy
08-03-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind this play. Your already in the money, and I'm figuring your way behind first. If you think the leader will call with just about anything, any A, any K, probably any Q, I like my chances to take a big hit at his stack and seperate from the #2 guy. Just my thoughts, curious as to the guy playing the hand.

Cleveland Guy
08-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Nice run- cards happen for good or bad.

I once in the first level of a SnG got the following 4 hands

JJ- Flopped a J
KK - K on turn and K on River
Royal Flush by the Turn
1010 - Flopped a 10.

I think I knocked 3-4 people out and had half the chips within the first 10 hands.

Keres
08-03-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had about 700 in chips in the sb of 25. Big stack (6400) was on the button and raised to 200. BB also had about 700. I'm figuring the big stack will be pushing us around the rest of the game and 99 is about as good a hand as I'll see with which to play back at him.

Calling the 200 I don't think would've been an option. If I wasn't in the money or the other guy was much shorter-stacked than myself I'd consider folding. 99 three-handed would give me a chance to double up - I'd make the same play - but would like to hear why I shouldn't.

coolhandtom
08-03-2004, 01:46 PM
i would have pushed as well. as you say- 3 handed, a decent pocket pair is probably [and was] the best hand preflop, he just got lucky and spiked his face card..

good move since you were shortstacked and already ITM and had equal chip count to the other shortstack..
i would push there every time...
/images/graemlins/spade.gif