PDA

View Full Version : The deck hates me

Vern
08-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Now, first, this is not a bad beat or dry deck rant.

Tonight I played a good tight/aggressive game, did about average, up 20BB at one point, down 10BB at another, none of that really bothered me, it is just variance. However, I think the deck hates me though because of what happened on the hands I was not in or folded without odds to call. Examples: I had Q6o UTG+1 and dutifully fold when it is my turn, flop comes QQ6. I get to see a free flop on the button with J3o, flop is AQTr, checked around to CO who bets, button raises, I dutifully fold and the turn brings a King.

There were others but I can tell I was boring you in the first line. Is it possible the deck is just messing with my mind?

Vern

P.S. I wrote this in jest, please take it as such. I almost deleted it after typing it, and that decision not to will likely be the one I can second guess the most.

TripleH68
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
One point I take from your post is this...

"Why are the negative hands/events so much more memorable than the positive?"

Vern
08-02-2004, 11:17 PM
While this is a true for anything, and the basis for remembering the suckouts and not the routine, it was just about every hand. I felt like the deck was singing a siren's song to me tonight, "Play, I will deal you your cards." and "Look what fortunes I had in store for you, but fool, you folded!" Fortunately I was firmly tied to my computer chair and was unable to answer its call.

deacsoft
08-03-2004, 12:51 AM
I've had so many sessions like that. As you said, it happens. Just feel good about knowing you made the correct play even when it was a fold. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
08-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Vern,

It may help to answer this question: Is there a God?

-Zeno

toots
08-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Yah, I was online on the twinkie tables tonight, got dealt a king-crap offsuit, neatly folded it, and the flop comes up king-king-other crap.

It woulda won me the pot.

Then again, if I played all the other king-crap offsuits that I got dealt tonight, I think the night would have been a net-loss instead of net-gain.

But it still hurt like heck to see all those cowboys pop up, after I'd flushed mine.

As far as I'm concerned, it's like getting upset on Thursday for not knowing to play Wednesday's winning lottery number.

SlyAK
08-03-2004, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's +EV to believe, because if your wrong what is the punishment??

If you don't believe and you are wrong you are sentenced to an eternity in hell listening to stories about "HOW MY AA LOST TO RUNNER RUNNER FLUSH" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Justin A
08-03-2004, 05:31 AM
I used to think that until playing no limit when I folded my A7 offsuit, and the flop came A77. Of course when the showdown came around someone had AA and I would have lost a bundle. It goes both ways in other words.

Justin A

Vern
08-03-2004, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vern,

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there is a God. You don't think it was Him just having some fun with my mind do you?

Zeno
08-03-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, there is a God. You don't think it was Him just having some fun with my mind do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, as God is one funny DUDE, but you need to find out how probable it is. Thus, perhaps, you need to post this question in the Probability Forum. Posters loom about there that are sharper than Zippy The Pinhead. If they don't the answer.......

-Zeno

esknights
08-03-2004, 01:22 PM
How do you see a free flop when you are on the button?

Vern
08-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Got me

Free play from the BB, sorry for the error.