PDA

View Full Version : Loosie Goosie - Bison please read in

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 10:17 PM
wow, I would have NEVER would have been so bold in my so tight you need vasoline days. Critiques?

Oh - I'd also like feedback on my little idea to add value to Bison's great hand converter. I included the results below, but since the color is the same as the background you can't see it unless you highlight the hidden text. Cool huh? Use hex color code EAEAFF to accomplish the same effect.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results hidden below: <font color="EAEAFF">
Hero shows Ts Td (one pair, tens).
Button shows 8s 8h (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

bisonbison
08-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh - I'd also like feedback on my little idea to add value to Bison's great hand converter. I included the results below, but since the color is the same as the background you can't see it unless you highlight the hidden text. Cool huh? Use hex color code EAEAFF to accomplish the same effect.

It's a shame no one thought of this sooner.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Feel free to add away! I'll just change the color by hand for now, WHEN I want to include the results (which I applaud you for making the default status without the results).

Glad you find it usefull... I haven't tested my idea with any other themes, lets hope the background is always the same.

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

prayformojo
08-02-2004, 10:32 PM
The ironing is delicious.

Uh ... irony.

vulturesrow
08-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Is this, like, a real post? lol

Chris

BradleyT
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Must only work in Internet Explorer. In firefox I see the results normally.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 11:14 PM
hmmm... what color is the background of the post?

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Shite. My idea only works when the forum theme is set to "The Blues" because I changed the font color to match the background. Since we all have the ability to change themes in our preferences, it won't work. Since my theme was set to "The Blues" the white text where the results are kept pops out.

Hey... I tried. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SomethingClever
08-02-2004, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shite. My idea only works when the forum theme is set to "The Blues" because I changed the font color to match the background. Since we all have the ability to change themes in our preferences, it won't work.

Hey... I tried. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since nobody else will say it...

This feature is already built into bison's converter. See the "show results" box? It automatically makes the font white and therefore invisible on the page.

Good idea you had... just a bit late.

Also, many will say that showing results, even in white, hinders everyone's ability to give honest feedback on your play. The ideal strategy is to post a hand without results, wait for feedback, and post results later.

SomethingClever
08-02-2004, 11:31 PM
As for feedback on your hand....

Preflop: I'd consider 3-betting, depending on any read you have on your opponent. I just hate cold-calling, though, so I'm biased.

Flop: Somewhat of a tough call. Two overcards against a preflop raiser. If you had 3-bet, I would lead here. Heck, maybe lead here anyway and fold to a 3-bet.

Turn: Interesting. He probably puts you on an A here, but he calls anyway.

River: Sure, why not.

Luv2DriveTT
08-03-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since nobody else will say it...

This feature is already built into bison's converter. See the "show results" box? It automatically makes the font white and therefore invisible on the page. Good idea you had... just a bit late.

[/ QUOTE ]

But since my background page was blue, not white, the results stuck out like a sore thumb using Bison's default settings. Since I did not realise that most other people have a diferent default theme setting until after I posted this, my intentions were (obviously) good. I'm only reposting this because I cannot tell if most people know the web site theme can be changed by each user at the MyHome UBB preferences page.

As for your feedback - I'm torn on calling, placing the three bet PF. I guess if there is anyplace to bet strong, thats where it is, and it would have helped me on the flop greatly. My new mantra - BET BIG PREFLOP, or don't bet at all. Now if I can only listen to my own advice... lol!

in da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

cnfuzzd
08-03-2004, 05:27 PM
spoil sport

peace

john nickle