PDA

View Full Version : Flopped non-nut flush - Hand advice

mak1277
08-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Party $100 NL. I'm on the button with $220, which covers everyone at the table (but there are several people with > $150).

Pick up J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Three limpers in front of me, I call and the blinds come along for the ride.

Flop comes A-rag-rag, all spades. BB opens for a pot-sized bet ($12). One middle position caller and it's on me. Here is my dilemma: Do I raise it up here with the non-nut flush? Do I call?

My personal "plan of attack" was to smooth-call here and make a large bet or raise if a non-spade hit the turn. Of course, a 4th spade hits the turn. BB bets $30, MP calls and I muck. MP ends up winning with the nut flush (naked K /images/graemlins/spade.gifin the hole).

Was my check too weak? Was this a clear raise/fold situation? This being Party, I feel that the nut draw would've called a medium to large raise, but that may just be me trying to justify a weak play.

Thoughts?

AtlBrvs4Life
08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
You have to raise that flop to protect your hand. You have a made, but vulnerable flush. The chance of another flush out there is low, and the majority of the time you're flush is ahead on the flop