PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with EP/MP w/ AK,AQ,AJ,A10.

bsiu5
08-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Here's my problem when i play in my weekly home game. I feel like i'm not playing really well with these cards in these pos when i'm not short-stacked cause if i was i'd go all-in. i need some advice on what to do. .50 BB no limit.

some scenarios, i'm really trying to look for a general rule on how to play with these cards against players that will call w/ Ax preflop and call it down to the river no matter what size the bet is. if i show any weakness by checking they make at least a $5 bet, w/ A lower kicker than mine or with 2pair.

i've done the all-in thing and get called and they have 2 pair or catch it on the turn or river. or i win cause i out-kick them.

EP: AK, AQ, AJs. usually bet $3 getting 3 callers. flop is A rag rag. I bet $5. 2 callers. turn rag, bet$5 call. river rag. check. 1 player bet $5 i call and lose to 2pair.

i tried this play too. i bet 5 after flop. 2 callers. turn rag. check, 1 player bet $5. i check-raise $5. he smooth calls. i check the river, he bet $5. i fold.

i tried limping preflop, and checking all the way.

usually i'd say about 75% of the time i lose with an AK, AQ, or AJs in ep or mp when an A hits and rag rag. no matter how much i raise pre-flop people call. i mean $10-20 bets before preflop. there calling w/ Ax. They end up catching 2pair on the flop or turn. i'm just frustrated. i guess i need advice on what the best way to not lose alot of my stack but at the same time take advantage of my quality hands against there Ax. I can't get a read on these players cause they bet $5 everytime with an Ax if checked to. i hate it when they win when i had the best hand after it was all said and done but i'm also happy when i lay down to their 2pair. No matter what i do, they'll bet or call it down to the river. What's a good way to play these type of players when the Ace hits.

Should i just $5 on the flop to chase the drawers out. and check call the turn and river and hope my hand holds up.