PDA

View Full Version : hold'em stats

07-11-2001, 11:19 AM
I am looking for a few books that go over the statistics of hold'em for all playing hands. Any suggestions? A book that is all math based would be preferred.

07-11-2001, 02:46 PM
You might want to consider getting Wilson's Turbo Texas Hold'Em. With it you can run million hand sims with all sorts of conditions and get stats no book could ever put together. They have a demo you can download, but I'm not sure if it'll let you do a sim.

What exactly are you looking for? Just a ranking of hands, the chances of hitting two pair with 98 and it holding up, etc, etc...?

Paul Talbot

07-12-2001, 12:29 AM
Only an opinion but if you get a copy of Mike Petrie's (sp?) book on Holdem odds and you really study it, I believe you will be an effective player. I really believe it is a case where studying a book of about 150 pages can make you into a decent player based on mathematics alone. Of course you will have to refine your game by playing live. Turbo is good for "seeing" lots of hands, but it is not a substitute for live games. Holdem is evolving almost daily. Ideas and strategy from years ago simply do not hold because of the nature of new players.

Try some low limit games and play tight. Watch and listen and learn. It ain't easy.