PDA

View Full Version : No Fear! - Playing the 4s

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm up nearly 150% for the session, head to head against a week player. Its reckless, but I'd love feedback. With overcard & outside flush draw (7.5 outs)I had 5.6:1 odds to improve, but I was counting on his draw. I did pause when I saw the J and the A since it was a small pot, I cannot lie. Comments?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (2.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

In Da Club/images/graemlins/club.gif

Peter Harris
08-02-2004, 05:19 PM
heads up with a pair, bet until you meet resistance. The J is fine to bet on, don't rely on a 3rd nut diamond draw, and betting the A had balls as weaker people check-fold.

Betting like this in a small pot is more likely to win.

Comments welcome,
Pete Harris

SomethingClever
08-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I like it, especially if you know he's a weak player.

Maybe someone more math-inclined than myself could calculate how often villain would have to fold the river versus how often he's holding a rag A to make that bet profitable.

My guess is that it is clearly + EV... but I could be wrong.

Using my psychic hand reading skills... I see that Villain was holding.... T6 hearts.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using my psychic hand reading skills... I see that Villain was holding.... T6 hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or A2 diamonds (lol... I think NOT!).... but you can read my fortune (as long as we are not playing heads up) anytime!

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif