PDA

View Full Version : 4 hands from my last session

Guido
08-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I don't want to post too many hands so here are 4 hands from last session. Any things you would do different and why?

<font color="blue"> A cold calling hand</font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Guido calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (10.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Guido calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

<font color="blue"> A normal hand? </font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Guido checks.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

Bet the river?

<font color="blue"> A strange hand </font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Guido checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

River: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

<font color="blue"> An aggressive hand </font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Guido is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $7.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP (poster) raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, Guido calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

Just some hands that were interesting I think. What do you think about them?

Thanks,

Guido

Guido
08-03-2004, 04:14 PM
These hands might be boring so I will ask some questions I've about them.

Hand 1: What do you think about cold calling with KJs when you think at least one of the blinds will call?

Hand 2: Should I bet the river?

Hand 3: Should I bet the turn or the river? I would have called a bet at the river.

Hand 4: What do you think about the turn and river?

Thanks,

Guido

highlife
08-03-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

These hands might be boring so I will ask some questions I've about them.

Hand 1: What do you think about cold calling with KJs when you think at least one of the blinds will call?

Hand 2: Should I bet the river?

Hand 3: Should I bet the turn or the river? I would have called a bet at the river.

Hand 4: What do you think about the turn and river?

Thanks,

Guido

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my opinions based on the fact that you provided to reads.

1. I three bet from this position.

2. With no read on this player I check too, there are alot of hands he would call down to the river that can beat you and not too many that would call a river bet that you can beat.

3. i bet out on this flop, call one raise. check fold on the turn unimproved.

4. i would have check raised the flop, bet out the turn and checked the river.

Nate tha' Great
08-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Hand 1 the call is fine unless UTG is an uberrock.

Hand 2 the decision is close. If you think there's a good chance that your opponent would check-raise with a worse hand (Party 6-max players *love* check-raising when the board pairs, even if it doesn't fit with the way they've played their hand on earlier streets) then I might check behind on the turn.

Hand 3 I bet the turn.

Hand 4 you played fine.

highlife
08-03-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 the call is fine unless UTG is an uberrock.

Hand 2 the decision is close. If you think there's a good chance that your opponent would check-raise with a worse hand (Party 6-max players *love* check-raising when the board pairs, even if it doesn't fit with the way they've played their hand on earlier streets) then I might check behind on the turn.

Hand 3 I bet the turn.

Hand 4 you played fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand do you put villan on to make the river a good value bet? if his hand is good villan folds, if not he calls or raises.

Nate tha' Great
08-03-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what hand could villan have that hero could beat would call him on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ or AT. But on second thought checking the river is probably best.

highlife
08-03-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

capping preflop with AJ/T and raising with a gutshot on the flop? can't say i havent seen it, but very rare.

Nate tha' Great
08-03-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

capping preflop with AJ/T and raising with a gutshot on the flop? can't say i havent seen it, but very rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is a poster, and posters do stupid things.

highlife
08-03-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy is a poster, and posters do stupid things.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i missed that part, then i definately put him on AJ. three bet the river.