PDA

View Full Version : basic 99 play

ChromePony
08-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ????

My feeling is that a call here is pretty weak, so is it raise or fold?

bdk3clash
08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I would have limped preflop.

Given how you played preflop, I'm raising here.

Generally, I'm going to raise here, probably bet the turn, and check behind on the river. But it depends on the board, how UTG reacts to your flop raise, what the turn card is, etc.

Moozh
08-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Hmm, I don't raise early with 99, but that may be weak of me. The jack should not be overly scary and I think a raise is warranted. Fold to any raise or bet after, but if they only call, keep betting. Too weak?

Peter Harris
08-02-2004, 05:21 PM
6 players in, and a raise, i'd expect one person to hold a J. with less players i'll raise it, and depending on UTG reads, i'd be inclined to fold, even holding the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif which is nice against a twoflush.

If it was 3/4 handed i raise, but with 6 players + coldcallers, i think you're drawing to 2 outs here.

Comments on whether this is weaktight thinking welcome,
Pete Harris

Moozh
08-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I changed my mind. Given that you raised pre-flop, there were six people in on the flop, and there are a number of people yet to act, I fold this. I think it is reasonable to suspect at least someone will have a jack at this point.