PDA

View Full Version : Set vs Set 5-10

AeonBlues
08-02-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm wondering if I should have slowed down on this hand.

I'm on SB with 88, 3 players limp in, and a friend of mine is highly agressive comes out raising from the button. I call thinking that I might be best if rags flop, and I might flop a set 5 or 6 handed.

Flop comes down A 8 7. I check to the raiser, and he bets, I raise, and he calls heads up. K rolls off on the turn.

I bet, he raises, and I think, ahhh, you have AA KK how nice, I re raise and he caps. I bet river, he raises, and I re raise, and he just calls with AAA, later telling me that he was letting me off easy.

My question is, should I have slowed down on the turn when he raised me? One thing is, he has a lot of respect for my raises, especialy my chk raises, so he might have just called me down with AK, but he might have put me on AQ too....

AeonBlues

bisonbison
08-02-2004, 03:14 PM
You'll get better responses if you don't reveal the results.

I'd bet the flop to try to trap some folks.

Joe Tall
08-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Flop comes down A 8 7. I check to the raiser, and he bets, I raise, and he calls heads up

Why would you ever, in your right mind, check-raise this flop?

Peace,
Joe Tall

me454555
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Bet/3bet the flop, don't c/r

I cap the turn too but just call the river raise.

AeonBlues
08-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh jeezzzz, not the responses I figured.

Umm, I get beat by a lot of gut shots in this game, and I think wanted to knock people out....

Ok though, I do see the merits of betting the flop now, as it would most likely get callers drawing slim to none. thank you all for your responses.

AeonBlues

lu_hawk
08-02-2004, 04:02 PM
If JT catches a 9 for the gutshot so be it. You would still have outs for the FH. If the game is as your describe then they will also be calling with backdoor flushes, backdoor straights, one pair hoping for their 5 outer, etc. Don't give them an easy fold facing 2 cold back to them.

Joe Tall
08-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh jeezzzz, not the responses I figured.

God Love the Small Stakes forum.

Welcome, if you haven't been already,
Joe Tall

Songwind
08-02-2004, 04:06 PM
If you think he's holding AA or KK, why do you reraise?

Monty Cantsin
08-02-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think he's holding AA or KK, why do you reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

He means 2 pair.

/mc