PDA

View Full Version : Chop Top Payout Spots in a Tournament...You ever do this?

RED_RAIN
08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I have read and seen people often chop the final table or top payout spots instead of pay them out.

Is this common?

Any experiences?

Advantages to this?

If you were asked and didn't really want to but 8 of the other 9 wanted to would you stick to your guns?

If online and everyone except one agrees it seems they still play it out. Can/does anyone lie?

Are verbal agreements golden?

slamdunkpro
08-02-2004, 05:49 PM
I've done it a couple of times. Usually the top chip guy takes it in the butt.

I've never chopped with more than 5 players

The advantage is that you get more than the bottom prize

If one player says no - play on!

trillig
08-02-2004, 06:19 PM
I chopped 1st recently at the Luxor, we were basically even in chips and blinds so high that one hand was all that either one could survive...

It made sense in this cheapo tourney case, 1st was $145, 2nd $75, so insteaad we each took $110 and that was that....

If way ahead of the rest, TAKE FULL 1st money, let the others chop up their places if they want, fine by me.... 8) Otherwise, I wouldn't give up a cent...

I chopped 4 way first online once in a very cheap tourney, we each got $40+ and were dead even in chips, it helped though that it was a site with live hosts and during their normal hours.... we just all checked the sit out box and paged the host, and 2 mins later it was over.... everyone was satisfied... Chopping on that site is very common... I did a 5 way in another cheapo for about $27 previously.... By cheapo I mean $1-$3 tourneys.... Site is changing name/hands so it's probably going to change... too bad, those were fun and the competition pretty stiff there considering the costs, definitely got a lot of good play in there.

If it came down to big $ and chopping was allowed, I would certainly considerate it.
At this point, the $ is more important, then prestige to me....
Consider the deals carefully...
Don't be stupid...

YMMV!

-Bri