PDA

View Full Version : Middle Position QJs - How badly did I play this??!!

woty87
08-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

In retrospect, I was out of position and I'm not sure about my bets on the turn and the river. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Brian
08-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi woty87,

You played this hand way too aggressively. Check-fold the Flop, maybe call depending on the action.

-Brian

bisonbison
08-02-2004, 03:35 PM
He has a gutshot and a backdoor on the flop. I think folding is too weak. I'd check-call the turn and check-fold the river.

David BB
08-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I think you played it just fine. Theres no reason to check the turn with 13 outs.

zram21
08-02-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has a gutshot and a backdoor on the flop. I think folding is too weak. I'd check-call the turn and check-fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs are you giving him here? You can;t be thrilled with the Td. So I would say that is 1/2 out at best. And I don't know that you can give yourself any outs if you spike a Q or a J. So with the 3 1/2 T outs and the backdoor draw giving you total of about 5 outs I don't think a check and fold in this small pot is bad at all.

BaronVonCP
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I think check calling the flop is too loose.

BaronVonCP
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
There's no reason to bet the turn with 13 outs.

Brian
08-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi bison,

[ QUOTE ]
He has a gutshot and a backdoor on the flop. I think folding is too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is also tiny. 5 small bets. You're 11:1 to hit your gutshot on the Turn, and with the presence of 2 diamonds on the Flop, you can't be too happy about the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, as even if it doesn't make a Flush for someone on the Turn, it leaves you extremely susceptible to redraws.

I do not think that this is a definite fold on the Flop. As I said, check the Flop, and, depending on the action, perhaps call. I'd have to be getting about 10:1 to call the Flop after checking and be pretty sure there isn't going to be a raise after I call. The fact that he has a backdoor Flush about cancels out the fact that the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif doesn't count as a full out. So we're looking at 4 outs and a 5 small bet pot. Why is folding too weak again?

-Brian

flapjack
08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Thats is a tough flop to bluff through 4 other people. Had you raised preflop you would be facing fewer opponents and the flop would be intimidating for them.

The turn bet isn't that bad since you have outs but a river bluff looks pretty hopeless to me.

StellarWind
08-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I would raise preflop. You are at Button+3.

Check the flop and call/fold depending on how the play goes.

Turn bet is borderline.

Bet the river when the diamond flush doesn't come and you could kill A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. It's pointless here because he either has a hand or made a hand and won't fold.