PDA

View Full Version : Instalment plans

05-01-2002, 02:09 PM
3 limpers. I have 7s7c on the button and also limp. The sb raises and the bb 3 bets. Every one calls. sb caps.

Anyone fold in my shoes when it gets raised and reraised?

Note: The sb and bb are gamblers and don't have to have premium hands for putting in all those raises from poor position. But I don't know if that helps or hurts me. I think that it hurts more than it helps i.e. I would be more inclined to call if I knew that one of them likely had KK or AA.

In any event, 6 way action. $240 in the pot.

Flop: Js6s5h

sb checks. BB bets. All call. While all this is happening, I try to get a read on whether sb is going to raise. No dice - I get no read. I decide to peel one off. Anyone disagree or agree strongly? Thankfully, sb just calls.

Still 6 way action. $300 pot.

Turn: Jd

All check to me. WTF? Harking back to Mason's 44, I bet. Only sb and bb call.

3 way action with me and the two kamikazes. $360 pot.

River: 6h making the board J65J6

Sb suddenly comes to life with a bet. bb calls. I shrug and call. Anyone fold? Anyone raise??!

Results later.

05-01-2002, 02:20 PM
I think you played it fine on all streets. SB either has quad jacks or nothing, with an outside chance at A6s. I'd guess there's a decent chance that you win here.

05-01-2002, 02:26 PM
I would have raised preflop. Try to establish control.

05-01-2002, 02:26 PM
I believe you should raise because the players shown a lack of confidence in the hnd if the player comes over the top then lesson well learned and raise him early to get him to commit

05-01-2002, 02:38 PM
I think you played it fine, skp.

05-01-2002, 03:35 PM
SKP - I think you played it fine but I sure would be considering a raise on the river. It sounds to me like the sb has an AX and is hoping to get someone to make a laydown. The bb may be calling with the same hand. Your 2 pr may not be good but a raise sure puts the blinds under a lot of pressure.

05-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Pre-flop you either fold or cap. I would suggest if you are committed to the hand, you might as well take a dominant stance since you also have position.

The rest of it you did fine. I hope it worked out.

05-01-2002, 05:49 PM
"SB either has quad jacks..."

Bingo.

Though he milked me for every last penny, he no doubt left a lot of money on the table by slowplaying the flop. He ought to have bet out or at the very least, checkarised when the bb bet and everyone called. I assume that the bb called with Ace high.

I think my flop call may have been worth it just on hitting a 7 but the possibility of turning a 3 or an 8 to give me an open-ender makes the call that much easier. Accordingly, it may have been worthwhile to call even if I did not have the 7 of spades...perhaps, someone could do the math on that.

Some of you suggested that I should raie with 77 on teh button in this situation. It's a viable play but not one that I employ too often.

05-02-2002, 01:14 AM
Alarm bells go off for me with the check call on the flop, but I know the crew skp plays with.

05-02-2002, 02:25 PM
skp,

I would raise for value.

It's more likely that SB and BB are using an Ace as top kicker for the two pairs.