PDA

View Full Version : Won the hand (split) and actually lost money!!!

Zetack
08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
So I split this pot, my opponent got the extra quarter and with the rake, I actually lost 25 cents on this hand. I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've ever lost money on a hand that I won.

Oh, and comments on the play, please. Since I've already indicated split pot, I went ahead and showed the results...do your best not to be influenced /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Does it change anybody's analysis to know that I did not have a read at the time, first orbit, but it turned out my opponent was in about 95 percent of the pots (68 or 71 while I was there) with a PF raise percentage in the 20's. (Ironically, because he was in so many pots, even with all that raising he had a very low aggression rating.)

--Zetack

btspider
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
So I split this pot, my opponent got the extra quarter and with the rake

as someone who programs for a living, I was always amused that Pstars did not split to the penny..

Kluddeludde
08-02-2004, 01:47 PM
I would just call his 3-bet on the river. The rest looks fine.

Kludde

easypete
08-02-2004, 01:49 PM
What ever happened to folding KJo in MP?

I think you are too far off the button to steal the blinds w/ it.

Me no likey.

Aviston
08-02-2004, 02:20 PM
I agree, I always fold KJo in EP/MP and in LP when facing a raise. I guess I shouldn't say always; KJo is sorta like an ugly girl, it looks better the more drunk I get.

Nottom
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Nothing wrong with open-raising with KJo here, this is about the spot you should start playing it. I'm certainly playing it from one seat closer to the button.

Post-flop play looks fine.

Zetack
08-02-2004, 02:48 PM
OOps, guess I didn't show the results:

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

SB shows Kd Td (full house, kings full of sevens).
Hero shows Jh Kc (full house, kings full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.75 BB. SB wins 7.75 BB.

note: Guess the converter doesn't account for the rake (not that I'm complaining mind you--I love the converter, kudos as always to bison)

The rake was .75 so the final pot was 14.75 and I got 7.25 and SB, closer to the left of the dealer, got 7.50.

--Zetack

Zetack
08-02-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What ever happened to folding KJo in MP?

I think you are too far off the button to steal the blinds w/ it.

Me no likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to trash it too. Now I like it MP onwards, particularly first in.

--Zetack

bisonbison
08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
note: Guess the converter doesn't account for the rake (not that I'm complaining mind you--I love the converter, kudos as always to bison)

No, the converter doesn't presently account for rake, and the Stars wierdness you've described above is one of the reasons why. All the sites have their own little arbitrary things. Well, someday i'll get it together.

P.S. Well played hand.

nopants
08-02-2004, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, I always fold KJo in EP/MP and in LP when facing a raise. I guess I shouldn't say always; KJo is sorta like an ugly girl, it looks better the more drunk I get.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you just described my biggest leak. I've been looking for it in pokertracker for ever and you nailed it.

Surprisingly easy to identify, immeasurably difficult to plug.

...unlike an ugly girl.
&lt;ahem&gt;