PDA

View Full Version : Kings on the button

blinklate
08-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I played the following hand online on party poker at a .25/.50 table. I was wondering if there was anything else that i could have done. UTG raise to 2 about 50 in stack, UTG+1 reraise to 6, Two off the button calls, I have Kings on the button. I reraise to 10 since the UTG+1 is a little loose and the two off the button is as well. Plus i want to find out if someone has aces. UTG folds then UTG +1 goes all in for a total of 14, raise of 4. Two off the button calls and i call. Flop is A 10 4. two off the button goes all in for 48. I fold (with about 55 left in my stack). UTG + 1 shows 10 10, two off the button shows A Qs. Tens win the hand. My main concern is that if i had gone all in pre flop would that have been better than the min raise to 10. I think that the tens would have come in anyway, and i am not sure about the AQ.
Thanx

Wayfare
08-02-2004, 10:42 AM
I think you played it well, got outflopped, and lost the minimum.

Only other thing you could have done is going over the top all-in, but I like just calling the short stack and then playing vs. the other guy for a side pot (KK is still a monster).

Ni hon.