twolf
08-02-2004, 09:46 AM
I get AQo in the BB (obviously)

This is at Party's 50
I have 75 or so and villain has me covered

1 limper, villain raises mini in MP, folded to me, I call

Flop is AKQ rainbow
I check, limper bets 12, villain goes all in for 130+
Limper has 40+ left after his bet also. What should I do?
I am minus a read. Oh goodness what a flop.

SkippingGoat
08-02-2004, 09:56 AM
I think you need AK or better to call unless the pusher is a complete maniac who would make this play with only top pair. Either could have JT. It's possible that you're beating both the bettor and the pusher but I don't think you showdown the best hand often enough to make it worth your whole stack. From reasonable players, KQ is the only hand you're beating.

RustyCJ
08-02-2004, 09:57 AM
thats tough, my first question is, why would he push here? seems like he doesn't want callers to me, or maybe he wants you to think that and has a set. My guess he has something like AJ and doesn't want callers. I'll be interested in others comments.

twolf
08-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Skipping your thoughts are what I was thinking. I am not beating much here except KQ.

Rusty I also at the same time thought that he did not want callers but that's because I thought he was thinking a J or T would kill his hand. There is almost no way he has JT here, ever.

So am I thinking right on this...
I beat KQ AJ AT, and at a very slim JJ TT.
And I lose to AA KK QQ AK JT.
I can also eliminate AA since a limper bet into a pfr and I hold and ace. So at best I break even?

Yellowbeard
08-02-2004, 11:52 AM
You're assuming he's a good poker player and not a party poker retard.

RustyCJ
08-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I have problems sometimes thinking along the lines of the typical Party moron, I can often see a "good" or "reasonable" way to play a hand but have a hard time understanding why some Party doofis plays the way he does.

I can see a good player pushing in this situation with AJ or AT so that only the very best of hands could possibly call him, he might get beat, but he might make better hands fold too. Going all in forces a caller to have top 2 pair or better.

"To call a raise you have to have a better hand than you would need to raise with"

I can see the typical Partyer getting excited and going all in with AK. But I often have a hard time thinking down to the general dumbass level of the typical Partyer. I'm not great, but I'm better than they are.

schwza
08-02-2004, 03:20 PM
i'd fold. it should be pretty scary to see a bet and a push. if you're behind, you're probably drawing to 2 outs.