PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for the WCOOP main event

Tyler Durden
08-02-2004, 03:40 AM
Why does qualifying for the $2500 main event totally suck? All they offer is RB/AO satellites and double shootouts. And the FPP tourneys are a waste of time, IMO. And the SNG is $300+15, too much $$$. Maybe I'm tough to please, but I don't see why they didn't do it just like the supers for the WSOP.

Anyone else frustrated about this, or am I the only one?

M.B.E.
08-02-2004, 04:22 AM
I'd like to see more double shootouts. I asked Stars support about this, and they said that no more double shootouts were scheduled because each one has only one winner, and they wanted to give more players the chance to win seats.

Why do you not like the $33 rebuy satellites? They give plenty of play.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-02-2004, 08:56 AM
And the SNG is $300+15

There are $145 2-table SNGs

Ghazban
08-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Don't get me started. I stupidly did one of the 50 FPP MTT satellites and got knocked out in 3rd of 509 for a net gain of absolutely nothing (top 2 got entries to the 5000 FPP qualifier). You'd think with that many entries they could at least give out more than just 2 spots but no. I emailed support in the desperate hope that they'd do something for me for spending 4 hours of my life to come in 3rd but no luck. Its kind of funny-- I only entered the tourney because I didn't feel like I was mentally prepared to play for real money (had been a long day and my brain was a little fried) and I ended up playing very well overall only to get nothing for my trouble.

holeplug
08-02-2004, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. I stupidly did one of the 50 FPP MTT satellites and got knocked out in 3rd of 509 for a net gain of absolutely nothing (top 2 got entries to the 5000 FPP qualifier). You'd think with that many entries they could at least give out more than just 2 spots but no. I emailed support in the desperate hope that they'd do something for me for spending 4 hours of my life to come in 3rd but no luck. Its kind of funny-- I only entered the tourney because I didn't feel like I was mentally prepared to play for real money (had been a long day and my brain was a little fried) and I ended up playing very well overall only to get nothing for my trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh I entered on of them as well but didn't even realize that only 2! people got a seat to the 5000 FPP qualifier; I just assumed it was top 9. oops /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mrbaseball
08-02-2004, 09:23 AM
I think the satelite system has taken a turn for the worse as well. Hopefully they will get some supers going. I hate doubleshootouts and I won't even go near a turbo rebuy. 5 minute levels? No way!

Satelite play is maybe my strongest game. I got in last years main event via a super. I was in yesterdays event from a $5 rebuy and last weeks 500 with a $58 super and have had many other seats won this year from satelites.

If I could only play as well in big events as I do in satelites. I was nowhere near my A game yesterday after playing a flawless satelite to get in. I would say I played my D- game. I made 3 BIG mistakes and about a dozen more minor ones. I was so afraid of looking stupid and acting like a fish that I looked stupid and acted like a fish. Everything I know, believe and understand about NL tournaments I somehow disregarded and played like the ultimate weak tight wussy.

It hammered home some lessons though that I hope I will never again repeat. It only cost me $20 to get in and I should have treated it like any other $20 tournament and taken my edges and opportunites when they arose instead of making stupid play and letting myself get run over. I never played so badly and I am still really pissed at myself.

If I can win a way into the main event I will definitely be there with my best game!

adios
08-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Look at this way, your attitude is good ie you're focusing on your play and you'll get lots of opportunities down the road if you can get a shot for $20.

Tosh
08-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Tyler, in case you're not aware, they are now running a few $93+6 supers.

Tyler Durden
08-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info, I realized that earlier this morning. Maybe I'll try one of those.

Ghazban
08-04-2004, 09:02 AM
I think I saw that they're doing a double shootout later tonight (Wednesday), too. Only saw one on the list but maybe they'll schedule more.