PDA

View Full Version : AA Heads-up

Danenania
08-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB

08-02-2004, 03:31 AM
I like.

Haupt_234
08-02-2004, 03:58 AM
I never understood nor liked the idea of not capping preflop with AA. You want to be deceptive and gain bets postflop, which is the reason you smooth call.

But the way I see it, any intelligent players will pay you off the same amount of bets (minus the one+ missed preflop). Take any flop except one with every card below, say, a 9. Once you heat up with your AA (on the turn most likely), the opponent will most likely take it as a set.

As in your hand, I think you could have gotten the same action postflop as well as get the extra SB by capping. By the turn, after you bet, are raised, and you reraise, even KK will slow down due to the fear of a set.

I prefer to ram and jam when I can, and use minimum deception with my big and rare hole cards.

Haupt_234

felson
08-02-2004, 04:12 AM
I don't understand the flop stop-n-go. If you're not going to cap preflop, wouldn't you want to c/r the flop?

Fnord
08-02-2004, 04:24 AM
How is this better than hitting the bet/raise button at every oportunity?

Danenania
08-02-2004, 04:52 AM
By my count I make an extra SB on this hand by just calling the 3-bet preflop when I am against KK. More when I am against QQ because many Party players are passive and will just call down after the UTG raiser caps. In that case I'd make at least an extra BB. Against AK I will probably make more when he hits and less when he doesn't.

08-02-2004, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the flop stop-n-go. If you're not going to cap preflop, wouldn't you want to c/r the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Felson on an A-Ks hand you posted, that you won, but missed a river bet, what did your opponent do on the flop and turn? He stop'n'goed. What did that wreak of? Weakness. I believe that is what our Hero is trying to show. Hero did not cap with AA, but instead went for the stop'n'go which still disguises the true strength of his hand, and does not allow our villain a free card.

Haupt_234
08-02-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
many Party players are passive and will just call down after the UTG raiser caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found very few of these players in the games I play...
I think they are a real rarity that shouldn't change your play to accomodate theirs.

Haupt_234

Holm Fries
08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He stop'n'goed. What did that wreak of? Weakness. I believe that is what our Hero is trying to show. Hero did not cap with AA, but instead went for the stop'n'go which still disguises the true strength of his hand, and does not allow our villain a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically see the stop n go as a sign of strength, not weakness. It typically happens when a player attempts to slow play but is afraid based on the board that you will not bet/raise.