PDA

View Full Version : AA

Scotch78
08-02-2004, 03:16 AM
CO and Button are both very aggressive pre-flop and flop, but slow down on the turn and river. If he raised pre-flop, the button always raises a flop bet, so I know I'll get to 3-bet the flop by leading. With the flop action I was a little worried about JJ, and not afraid of overcards, so I took the check-call approach on later rounds. Was I being too weak? And should I have check-raised the river? I'm pretty sure this opponent would have called the raise.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (13.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah As (one pair, aces).
CO shows Jh Tc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.50 BB. </font>

kiddo
08-02-2004, 04:42 AM
I would put button on KK or QQ and CO on toppair or a flushdraw. Why cap flop and then check turn?

I would bet turn. IF raised I would think about "only" calling it down, depending on my read of their play.

jt1
08-02-2004, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should I have check-raised the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you should have bet the turn and river.

Guido
08-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Bet the turn or at least the river...

Guido