PDA

View Full Version : Who is Quadnines??????? Mark Gover????

06-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Please keep the smart-ass comments out this post (like brother of Elvis, DS in discuss, etc).

He used to post as Mark Glover (for his friend). Does anyone have any idea if he or his friend are professional players? They seem to come from academia as their nick picky way of respond to every post. However, we cannot deny their deep understanding of poker. Too bad he/they are not allow to post here anymore. If some one does not want reveal their identity, would you comment about their background? For the people that read their series of postings about EV, would you classified them as the best ever written?

thanks

Jaque

06-22-2002, 05:06 PM

06-22-2002, 06:04 PM
I am pretty sure rgp's "Quad Nines" is Mark Glover and Mark Glover was really two people who collaborated when they were posting on 2+2. I do not believe that Mark Glover was banned from 2+2. I think Mark Glover left voluntarily since the majority of regular 2+2 posters grew weary of his pettiness so he was not getting the favorable attention I think he desired. Personally, I stopped reading Mark Glover's posts entirely about 6 months before he left. He was more obsessed with winning an argument(while trying to humiliate those that were discussing an issue with him) instead of discovering the objective truth of something. He also rarely if ever commented on the play of specific hands or posted a specific hand he ever played so much of what he posted was of minor interest to me.

Now all that being said, I believe Mark Glover has a profound knowledge of poker theory and was excellent in pointing out other people's mistakes and errors in logic. I suspect he has a strong computer background because he was able to retrieve archived posts with incredible efficiency. If he were to start posting again here on 2+2, I would probably at least read his posts.

06-22-2002, 09:51 PM
What is the best way to access Mark Glover's / Quadnines posts? Are they available on a web site?

06-24-2002, 01:22 AM
He posts occasionally on RGP.

06-24-2002, 09:02 PM
"He also rarely if ever commented on the play of specific hands"

You should read him more often. His hand analysis is excellent. In particular, I recommend that you check out (on RGP):

"Onion Rings: A Parable and Sklansky's A2o Analysis"

and

"HPFAP error: T9s".

06-25-2002, 03:49 AM
He claims to be one half of a pair that used to post as "Mark Glover." But other than his saying so it looks more like it's been one person all along.

His posts on e.v. were okay, but took volumes to make what is a brief and simple point.

As for his ability at hand analysis (brought up by another poster) he was thoroughly refuted the first time he tried to analyze Sklansky's A2 hand. (As I recall he tried to impose some wildly ridiculous assumptions that Sklansky hadn't explicitly covered. Something like that anyway.) So he tried again with a new thread, as seen in the link above. But that time no one really bothered with him. I doubt anyone who plays the game could think his attempt to refute Sklansky had any value or basis in reality. In general, if you consider all his posts, I don't think QuadNines has shown much knowledge beyond the most elementary poker concepts.

06-25-2002, 03:51 AM

06-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Most of quadnines posts are probably older so use Google's Advanced Group Search.

06-26-2002, 04:21 PM
My best guess is he is a maniacally obsessed cyborg.

A distant second guess could be that he's this guy:

http://www.biochem.ualberta.ca/Biochem/Faculty/Glover/Glover.html

Of course then that guy must himself be a maniacally obsessed cyborg. If not, the poor guy should sue QuadNines for having taken over his name a while back. Cyborg law says that all cyborgs must create their own new and unique name. Something like VX-17r would be fine.