PDA

View Full Version : Any other way to play this??

JDErickson
08-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Very loose table. 1 huge agressive LAG.

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 <font color="purple">(calling station 2)</font> calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(LAG 2 )</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(Calling station 3)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button <font color="purple">(good 2+2??)</font> calls, SB <font color="purple">(Huge LAG fish)</font> completes, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(Calling station)</font> raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(calling station 2)</font> calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(LAG 2 )</font> calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(Calling station 3)</font> calls, Button <font color="purple">(good 2+2??)</font> calls, SB <font color="purple">(Huge LAG fish)</font> calls.

Flop: (14 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Huge LAG fish checks, <font color="CC3333">Calling station bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, calling station 2 calls, LAG 2 folds, Calling station 3 calls, good 2+2?? calls, Huge LAG fish calls, Calling station calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Huge LAG fish checks, Calling station checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, calling station 2 calls, Calling station 3 calls, good 2+2?? folds, Huge LAG fish folds, Calling station calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Calling station checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, calling station 2 calls, Calling station 3 folds, Calling station calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between Calling station, Hero and calling station 2.</font>

Comments on all streets???

pokerkai
08-01-2004, 11:09 PM
First off, Im not a fan of limping in UTG with A7s.
Unless you know for sure that the table is very loose and very passive then I dont like the limp. And you have to play them with the intention of flopping big or getting out or you end up in dicey situations like this.

Now that ive said my peace.....

This is one of those weird situations where you almost prefer that the table be agressive rather then passive because you have absolutely no clue where you stand because everybody is resigned to simply calling down.

No draws made it, so basically I think your in a kicker fight here...your probably betting for one of the passive players that have you outkicked tho.

And no, you really cant do anything different besides decide early that your kicker is no good.

Nemesis
08-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Gotta play it like you did. Pre-flop questionable, but i think if it was A9s it's all right... so how bad is A7 really? Anyway not much other choice.

sthief09
08-01-2004, 11:33 PM
preflop isn't questionable

I don't think you can play the rest of the hand any other way. waiting for the turn to raise might be right, but the calling station isn't likely to bet again without something big.

bernie
08-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I might wait for the turn with this one if you think you'll be bet into again. The pot is pretty big and a flop raise isn't really getting anyone out. If you think he'll check the turn, then i'd be more inclined to raise. Many CS will go into their shell when resistance hits in the form of a raise. So he may still bet the turn.

The LAG isn't really a factor to me. He isn't being aggressive this hand. Many times if they are, they'll be on the 1st 2 streets.

My guess is your either outkicked or beat SB's KK. I tend to be a little more careful with a 'calling station' active in the pot.

b

JDErickson
08-02-2004, 08:54 AM
At this particular table limping with Axs was ok. Only one raising was UBER LAG Fish and Axs is better than most hands he raises.

With all the calling I firmly believed I would see this push to another player as I would be outkicked.

I was pleasantly surprised to see it slide my way. AP doesn't show mucked hands so I have no idea what the others had. BB I think probably KK or QQ.

StellarWind
08-02-2004, 11:50 AM
I think you should fold preflop. You cited a huge LAG, another LAG, and a probable 2+2 at the button. Just because SB might raise with a worse hand does not help much because someone else may have you dominated.

I realize there are plenty of votes for limping but that's my 2 cents.

The call-the-flop-raise-the-turn idea is a nonstarter. The CS probably won't bet the turn unless he has you outkicked so what are you accomplishing? I'm surprised he found the nerve to bet even once with second pair.

I think you are trapped into playing this out exactly as you did. I'd feel horrible the whole time but we're tied to the pot and hamstrung by our poor position. Glad it worked out.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-02-2004, 12:12 PM
BB (Calling station) raises

A calling station raises 6 opponents from the BB *and* bets into the crowd on an A-high flop and you*don't* think you're outkicked?

me454555
08-02-2004, 12:28 PM
PF: Toss it UTG w/2 Lag's and a good player on the button

Otherwise Played it perfectly

JDErickson
08-02-2004, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB (Calling station) raises

A calling station raises 6 opponents from the BB *and* bets into the crowd on an A-high flop and you*don't* think you're outkicked?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it was a possibilty I was outkicked. That was the reason I decided to raise the flop to try and determine my chances on the cheaper streets. I felt that even a calling station would have either 3 bet the flop or CR'd the turn if he had a high A. I really wasn't worried about the BB after he just called my flop raise. I was worried about the other players that may have A9 or A8 etc.

I'm glad it turned out like it did. I realise it was a very iffy hand.

What would have you recommended on this hand?

Thanx

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-02-2004, 01:21 PM
With 2 LAGs on my left, I'm probably not going to play A7s (or pair below TT) from EP. I realize that they may be driving the pot with worse hands, but their range of hands is so large that you'll end up out of position with little idea where you stand.

gamblore99
08-02-2004, 01:35 PM
For Kurn,

I thought it was always correct to limp in with suited aces unless it was a really tough game.

Is it the 2 LAGs alone that would make you muck this preflop, or the 2 LAGs combined with the solid button player?