PDA

View Full Version : AA on the river

Luv2DriveTT
08-01-2004, 07:40 PM
I knew the button probably had the King, my fear was that he had AQ and was on a straight draw since he is LAG. Did I play the river right? I think I was too passive...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (19.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

In Da Club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Jeffage
08-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Go with your read. Bet the river and pay off a raise.

Jeff

felson
08-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Bet the river. Button could easily have a big K and pay you off. Remember, worse hands will call.

Luv2DriveTT
08-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Results: Button did have the king as mentioned by felson. Since it's low limit, I should have bet. But it I was playing 15/30 I'm not so sure I would do that. But then again thats why I posting this, I'm trying to change the few bad habits I have.

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
08-01-2004, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. Button could easily have a big K and pay you off. Remember, worse hands will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shite... I just re-read (and this time absorbed) the section on Large vs Small pots. This chapter was the third most important chapter in the SSHE for me, it really made me open my eyes. I should have done the math earlier - next time I bet on the river.

bisonbison
08-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Bet the river. Post .5/1 hands in micro.

sthief09
08-01-2004, 11:38 PM
when considering that your opponent might ahve a flush draw, having the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is very important. since most opponents will play any suited ace, the fact that you have the A makes it much less likely that you ran into a flush. I also find it highly improbable that your opponent has AQo.

Luv2DriveTT
08-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Duly noted gentlemen, I should have raised on the River.

BisonBison - I normally play 3/6 and 5/10, just experimenting in the low limits why I try my new strategies so I wasn't thinking when I posted in Small Stakes. Sorry bout that!

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif