PDA

View Full Version : What to do!

Schaefer
08-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Can I call any of these down? Should I play these any differently? I don't know what I'm doing just calling the flop in the 99 hand. These hands made me feel like a weak-tight Mary. Raise me or show any strength and watch me disappear!

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.70 BB, won by MP.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP.</font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6 BB, won by CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to CO.</font>

ctv1116
08-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Well, it is too expensive to call down either of these hands. I fold both of these hands as well unless I had previously seen this player bluff-raise.

deacsoft
08-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Hand 1 fold on the flop. Hand 2 looks okay.

Guido
08-02-2004, 06:26 AM
It seems I'm the only one but I would raise the flop in hand 1. He could have any pair and a lot of draws... I don't see why he needs to have exactly an A.

I'm not sure if I would always bet the turn. When he's capable of bluffing I check and call the river. When you don't don't have I read I don't think a fold is bad.

Guido

fnord_too
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I raise the first hand and see how things progress. I've played about 15K hands of 5/10 party short, which is not too many, but enough to see some trends, and a bet here far from guarantees an ace.

I like folding the second hand.

tubbyspencer
08-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I think it's fold or raise the flop on hand one. Isn't this a classic case of calling being the worst option?

I'm not sure about hand 2. (Alotta help I am!)

kiddo
08-02-2004, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's fold or raise the flop on hand one. Isn't this a classic case of calling being the worst option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it is.

At 5/10 SH any decent players and all the aggressive ones will bet flop with a lot of hands, not only As. In fact, if they flop toppair they will often checkraise the preflopraiser, not bet out.

Hand 1: Raise flop, bet turn and maybe check river if you dont feel good about it.

Hand 2: Yep, well played, fold turn when fluscard hits and u only got 2nd pair, unless he is bluffing a lot (some players loves to raise turn if flushcard hits).

Nate tha' Great
08-02-2004, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is not so bad against an extermely aggressive opponent who will keep betting with a worse hand, and is also capable of 3-betting with a worse hand.

Schaefer
08-03-2004, 01:18 AM
However, I make the decision then and there for the rest of the hand, right? Calling is OK, given the right opponent but then following it up with a fold on the turn makes it wrong, yes? No?

Schaefer

Nate tha' Great
08-03-2004, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I make the decision then and there for the rest of the hand, right? Calling is OK, given the right opponent but then following it up with a fold on the turn makes it wrong, yes? No?

Schaefer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think you need to call down the whole way if that's the route you take.

ashkoto
08-03-2004, 06:41 AM
If the player was a agressive player. I would call him down. If he was a very tricky agressive player I may raise him on the turn hoping to get a extra raise from him when he's on a draw. If he does have a hand he may just call and try to check raise on the river.

I would fold the QQ's the only logical hand you could beat is a AhTx or a bluff.