PDA

View Full Version : SSH: Did I miss something?

Beavis68
08-01-2004, 04:36 PM
I just finished my first pass of SSH. I did not see any discussion of pre-flop differences depending on whether you are opening the pot, or others have already entered the pot.

benfranklin
08-01-2004, 05:19 PM
The hand selection charts on page 80 have some comments about how many enter the pot ahead of you Also, the section "Some Quick Notes..." immediately after the starting hands charts discusses limpers ahead of you.

For example, the bottom section on page 90 starts, "When you are first to enter the pot from middle position...", and on page 91, "From late position, if you are the first player to enter the pot..."

Beavis68
08-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I saw the notes on page 80, the stuff on 90 and 91 was what I was really interested in, THANKS!

Gally327
08-02-2004, 08:51 AM
I see this too where he speaks of if youre the first to enter. However, I think Ed left out a lot of small potions of game theory in order to stay inside the scope of the book. There is no extensive reading on this in the book because I think Ed is trying drive home post flop play, because thats when you can really make your money in Low-Limit Hold'em.
Peace my Homey.
Ryan